Research Paper Prize Competition
PAPERS ARE DUE FEBRUARY 5, 2020
You are invited to submit a paper describing any research you have done during your time as a student in the Penn MD or MD/PhD program for consideration by the Medical Student Research Prize faculty committee. Research in any field related to medicine is acceptable.
NOTE: Once a student receives one of these awards, he or she is not eligible for the competition in future years.
- Papers may be published or unpublished
- There is no required format / layout for the paper
- Review articles may NOT be submitted
- Meta-analyses/Meta-regressions ARE accepted
- Students may submit ONLY ONE PAPER for consideration
In addition to the paper you must also submit:
- A brief letter of reference from your mentor indicating your role on the project (This may be in the form of a letter addressed "Dear Selection Committee Members.")
- A title page indicating your name, title of paper, mentor name, and year in medical school
- If you are not the first author, please provide a short, separate description of your participation in the research
It is preferred that you combine your materials in one pdf document in the following order:
- Title page
- If not first author, short description of research
- mentor letter
Please submit your paper via email to David Bittner at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, check out the tentative list of prizes. Please note that this list is provided only to give you a sense of the number and range of prizes. Students are NOT expected to specify that they would like to be considered for a particular award.
Awards will be announced in mid-late March.
If you have questions about the Research Prize contest, please contact David Bittner.