Convenient Therapy Options
The Cohen Clinic has offered telehealth since 2017 and uses cutting-edge telehealth technology to deliver effective mental health treatment to veterans and military families across Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. Telehealth allows clients sitting anywhere in the tristate area to access Penn Medicine's expert behavioral health care.
Learn more about our services during COVID-19 and find resources >>
Download our COVID-19 and telehealth flyer >>
Online Therapy, sometimes known as Telehealth or Telemedicine, is a way of offering mental health care appointments through secure video conference when you are not able to visit your therapist at the clinic.
Online therapy has been shown to be just as effective as in-person therapy, and our clinic offers a full range of telehealth services. Clients can access online therapy appointments via computer or tablet in the privacy of their homes.
Treatment for a variety of mental health issues including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, adjustment issues, anger, grief and loss, family and relationship issues, and transition challenges can be delivered through online therapy.
Our therapists and staff have been trained to work with veterans and their families while delivering online therapy. All online therapy appointments follow our clinic guidelines and are confidential.
Veterans of the United States Armed Services, including the National Guard and Reserves, regardless of role while in uniform, discharge status, or combat experience, with a focus on Post-9/11 Veterans. Veterans must be located in Pennsylvania.
Military Family Members
Parents, siblings, spouses or partners, adult children, caretakers, and others located in Pennsylvania.
- It's Convenient. Get easy access to care from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a smartphone, tablet, or computer with stable internet connection and video capabilities.
- It's Consistent. Continue to receive treatment when unable to visit the clinic due to far distance, no transportation, work schedule, health problems, or other reasons.
- It Works. Shown to be equally effective as in-person therapy, online therapy sessions provide the same high-quality, confidential care through a secure online platform
All you need is:
- An appropriate device with a web camera, microphone and speakers, such as a computer (preferred), tablet, or smartphone
- A stable internet connection
- A private, secure space where you cannot be overheard/seen and at low risk for interruptions
Choose the video below based on your device and browser. Click here to download our telehealth tip sheet.
Security and confidentiality are always top priorities for the Cohen Veterans Network and our Clinic. Through the Cohen Veterans Network, the Cohen Clinic at Penn uses a version of Zoom that is specifically designed for the healthcare industry, is HIPAA compliant, and includes substantial security controls. We enable and enforce the highest reasonable levels of security for hosting meetings and sending invitations. Our clinicians are trained to use Zoom and its security controls appropriately to protect our clients and their confidentiality and data.
Please ask your clinician or care team member if you have any questions about telehealth.
Find out more
Interested in Telehealth? Contact us to see if Telehealth is right for you. Call: 844-573-3146 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Top