Managing Remote Workers
- Remote Worker Performance Management Panel Discussion (recorded 12/08/2020)
- View Managing Remote Workers @ PSOM Webinar (recorded April 21, 2020)
- Managing Remote Workers at PSOM Presentation Slides (PPT)
Remote workers best practices
- Tips for creating positive working from home experiences
- Best Practices for Leading Remote Teams
- UPenn Human Resources Guide to Working Remotely (PDF)
Microsoft Teams O365
Microsoft Teams O365 is included with your UPenn O365 account, and is a powerful unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage (including collaboration on files), and application integration. It also easily integrates Microsoft Planner, for a complete project management solution. You can access Microsoft Teams with your web browser, as well as apps on your mobile devices. The following video is a quick overview (2:30), and more comprehensive training is available through LinkedIn Learning in Knowledge Link, by following the links below.
You are able to have users from both UPHS and The University collaborate on the same team. If your primary email address is email@example.com, then colleagues with a firstname.lastname@example.org email address are guests for you. The opposite would apply if your primary email address is email@example.com. The “guest” user you invite to your team will have to toggle to their guest account to see that team. The following video (2:08) is a brief overview of that process.
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to Ryan Frasch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowledge Link Training Modules (found by searching for “Microsoft Teams”)