- Clinical Trials at Penn Medicine
Information about clinical trials at Penn Medicine and contact information for the Office of Clinical Research at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Penn Center for Innovation in Personalized Cancer Screening
A collaboration between general medicine, family medicine and Radiology focusing on precision approaches to breast cancer screening. The PCIPS collects and aggregates data on more than 74,000 women within Penn Medicine's health care network, along with data from Pennsylvania state breast cancer registries.
- Penn CPD
The Center for Personalized Diagnostics (CPD) is a joint initiative between Penn Medicine's Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and the Abramson Cancer Center to support precision medicine at Penn. The CPD aims to uncover genetic mutations within a patient's own cancer that can allow for a more targeted and personalized "precision" treatment strategy by integrating molecular genetics, pathology informatics, and genomic pathology.
- Penn Institute for Bioinformatics
The mission of the institute for Biomedical Informatics (IBI) at the Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania is to provide an interdisciplinary home for faculty, staff and students interested in bioinformatics, clinical informatics, clinical research informatics, consumer health informatics, and public health informatics. The goal is to improve healthcare and fundamental knowledge of biological systems by creating an informatics ecosystem through cutting-edge educational programs, computational infrastructure, and collaborative research.
- Center for Biomedical Image Computing and Analytics
The Center for Biomedical Image Computing and Analytics (CBICA) develops and applies advanced computational and analytical techniques that quantify morphology and function from biomedical images, and integrates imaging phenotypes with genetic and molecular data, producing into diagnostic and predictive tools to enable precision medicine.
- Congenital Hyperinsulinism Center
Children with congenital hyperinsulinism may often have focal disease within the pancreas. 18F-DOPA is taken up by functioning islet cells and can identify patients with focal disease. Visualizing focal disease provides an opportunity for a surgical cure.
- Penn Center for Precision Surgery
The Penn Center for Precision Surgery works with a promising new investigational technique for solid tumors. The technique is intended to help surgeons see the entire tumor, and help detect cancer cells that could otherwise be missed during surgery. It is now being tested by surgeons and oncologists at the Center for Precision Surgery at Penn Medicine’s Abramson Cancer Center. If approved by the FDA this new approach, called Intraoperative molecular imaging, would help with early detection and hopefully better treatment success for cancer patients.
- Basser Center for BRCA
The Basser Center for BRCA is the only center in the world solely devoted to BRCA-related cancers. It is a global hub, a place for families to become educated and receive genetic counseling, and simultaneously a center for breakthroughs and discoveries.
- Penn Medicine BioBank
The Penn Medicine BioBank supports researchers by providing centralized access to a large number of annotated blood and tissue samples. This bank of samples and linked data will be an invaluable resource to the Penn Medicine basic, translational, and clinical research communities. Ultimately, this approach will enhance knowledge regarding the genetic and pathophysiological basis of multiple disease processes and will permit improved preventive and therapeutic strategies.
- Preventive Cardiovascular Program
Penn Medicine's Preventive Cardiovascular Program strives to prevent the onset, recurrence, and progression of heart and vascular disease using medications and lifestyle changes tailored to maximize efficacy and minimize side effects through personalized cardiovascular risk assessment.
- Penn Data Analytics Center
The Penn Data Analytics Center is an enterprise-wide group centered on decision support, data access, and data visualization. The DAC team of experienced personnel is responsible for guiding customers through the challenges of requirements gathering and decision making and on to the realized end-product – whether this is a complete enterprise dashboard solution, additions to our data warehouse(s), or an ad-hoc report request. The Data Analytics Center leverages Penn's massive stores of data to help everyone from corporate administration to researchers make better decisions to achieve all three missions of Penn Medicine.
- Center for Rare Cancers and Personalized Therapy
Opened in 2015 as part of the Abramson Cancer Center, this virtual center enrolls patients into clinical trials based on genetic markers rather than tumor origin. Patients with the same mutation but different cancers will be included in the same clinical study to investigate a targeted therapy.
- Penn Orphan Disease Center
The Orphan Disease Center is developing transformative therapies using platform technologies that can be deployed across multiple rare diseases. We emphasize disorders with substantial unmet need independent of their incidence and strive to assure access to patients of all populations. The focus of the Center lies in partnership and leveraging of resources.
- Penn CHOP Microbiome Program 2017 Pilot & Feasibility Grants
The goals of the Microbiome Program are to understand the human microbiome and alter its properties to improve health. The Human Microbiome Project is the largest project ever in Microbiology, and has been prominently advanced by work at Penn and CHOP.
- Penn Center for Health Care Innovation
The Penn Medicine Center for Health Care Innovation facilitates the rapid, disciplined development, testing and implementation of new strategies to reimagine health care delivery for dramatically better value and patient outcomes.
New Developments in Radiation Oncology
"Inside" | Animated Video of Penn's Center for Personalized Diagnostics
- Geneticist Marylyn D. Ritchie Appointed to Institute for Biomedical Informatics
- Penn Center for Precision Medicine Awards $565,000 in Second Accelerator Grants
- Prevention and Prediction: Understanding How Lung Cancer Progresses
- Tweeting the Way to Health: Penn Medicine Launches Center for Digital Health
- Penn Center for Precision Medicine Awards $525,000 in First Accelerator Grants
- Dynamic Shifts in Precision Medicine, Featuring Abigail Berman, MD
- The Abramson Cancer Center is Changing the Paradigm of Cancer Therapy
- White House Announces Efforts to Accelerate Precision Medicine Initiative
- Vice President Biden Kicks off “Moonshot” Effort at Abramson Cancer Center
- What’s the Big Idea? Cancer Leaders to Talk Precision Medicine
- High Response Rates, Long-Term Remissions Seen In Penn Trials of Personalized Cellular Therapy for ALL and NHL
- Tumor DNA Tests Uncover Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Mutations That May Be Targetable Using Existing Therapies
- Dr. Kojo Elenitoba-Johnson Inaugural Chairholder of Peter C. Nowell, MD, Professorship
- A Mutation, a New Drug, and a New Life
- Study Forms Basis for Future Precision Medicine Approaches for Sezary Syndrome
- Long-Term Remissions in First Group of Patients to Receive Personalized Cellular Therapy for CLL
- Looking for Answers in the Genes of ‘Exceptional’ Cancer Patients
- New Pathogen Detection Technology
- Healthcare Informatics Innovator Award for Integrated Research Data Warehouse at Penn