Applicants may apply directly to BGS via the online application. We must receive all application materials before March 1, 2020.
Required elements are:
- Completed online application form
- One statement detailing both your career goals and your area of research interest
- Three letters of recommendation from academic faculty or advisors
- Uploaded copy of your undergraduate transcript (official hard copy sent by mail)
- Create an account following the link above, taking you to a common application portal for graduate programs at BGS
- Begin the application with your personal information
- You will then be prompted to select which “graduate” program you are applying to. Select “Biomedical Graduate Studies, Perelman School of Medicine” and scroll to the bottom of the list and you will see PREP listed. Select PREP and Term Summer 2020.
- Follow the remaining prompts.
In 1-2 pages, describe your academic interests and career goals. If you have had any research experiences, please describe them. State your specific scientific interests and any particular research areas or techniques you'd like to explore. Please upload your statement with your application.
All PREP applicants are required to upload up-to-date unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. These transcripts must include your Spring 2019 semester grades and indicate the courses you are enrolled in for the Fall 2019 semester. Transcripts from completed programs should show proof of degree conferral. A final, official transcript showing conferral of degree will be required of all accepted students prior to matriculation.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required. Try to obtain letters from academic faculty who know you personally and can comment on your academic abilities and your aptitude for research.
We encourage applications from students of all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented minority groups or disadvantaged backgrounds; with disabilities; or who attend small colleges. PREP only accepts applications from U.S. citizens and permanent residents. We cannot accept applications from international students at this time.