Penn International Rhinoplasty Course
This course will cover valuable information for general otorhinolaryngologists as well as those focusing their practice on rhinology or facial plastic surgery. Plan to attend and learn what the experts recommend for the most difficult problems as well as the most common conditions. Earn CME credit while engaging with distinguished faculty who provide broad perspectives to this comprehensive program.
Topics to be covered by the experts and by attendee discussion include: evaluation and analysis of the nose; basic and advanced nasal anatomy; functional and aesthetic nasal surgery; nasal valve surgical techniques; treatment of surgical failures; pre-operative planning for safe airway and cosmetic facial plastic surgery; maximizing success in nasal airway surgery and functional septorhinoplasty; complications in airway, and facial plastic surgery; tips and pearls for rhinoplasty and other facial plastic procedures; prevention and management of rhinoplasty complications; understanding terms and uses of grafts in rhinoplasty. In addition to lectures and discussion with audience participation, attendees may actively participate in a laboratory dissection session.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Formulate a rationale for patient selection for medical management and surgical treatment of nasal obstruction and nasal deformity
- Define surgical nasal anatomy to insure safety in septorhinoplasty. Assess nasal valve deformities and prescribe their surgical corrections
- Describe the latest concepts and techniques in functional and cosmetic nasal surgery
- Analyze the nose and face, and consider the aesthetic ideals as they pertain to the nose
- Identify appropriate candidacy for successful septorhinoplasty
- Describe how to avoid complications in rhinoplasty
This course is designed for practicing clinicians and scientists as well as residents with an interest in rhinology and rhinoplasty. It is also intended for nursing staff involved with the care of patients with nasal problems.