Non-confocal microscopes suited to imaging thin (< ~25 microns) live or fixed samples
Room 1175C BRB II/III
- Olympus IX70 inverted microscope
- Photometrics CoolSnap HQ high-resolution CCD camera
- Applied Precision x-y-z precision motorized stage for multi-point acquisition of image stacks
- Software-controlled filter wheels with DAPI, FITC, TRITC, Cy5, CFP, filter sets
- Phase contrast & DIC available
- Environmental chamber surrounding entire microscope for temperature and CO2 control
- Deltavision Softworx software for acquisition and processing.
Best suited for: high resolution widefield deconvolution of thin (< 15 microns) fluorescent samples; long time-lapse imaging using transmitted or epifluorescence.
EVOS FL Auto Imaging System
Room 01-127 Smilow
- Inverted platform holds a variety of vessels including multi-well plates
- Dual cameras allow both color and monochrome imaging
- long-working distance objectives: 4X, 10X, 20X, 40X
- LED light cubes for DAPI, GFP, RFP, and Cy5
- environmental chamber with gas mixer for live imaging under normal or hypoxic conditions
- fully automated stage for tile scanning and multipoint acquisition
- easy-to-use EVOS software
Best suited for: Single images or tile scans of fixed tissue stained with chromogenic dyes or fixed cells stained with fluorescent markers; live imaging of cells or organisms; hypoxia experiments
Leica Wide Field
Room 01-126A Smilow
- Leica DM6000 motorized upright microscope
- Photometrics HQ2 high resolution monochrome CCD camera
- LAS AF software for acquisition
- AutoQuant deconvolution package (within LAS)
- Leica filter sets for DAPI, GFP, Cy3, Texas Red, and Cy5 (spectra here)
Best suited for: high-resolution widefield deconvolution microscopy of thin (<15 microns), fixed samples; widefield epifluorescence imaging of fixed samples.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team.