Participate in Research
Current opportunities to volunteer as a human subject:
- We are looking for healthy, adult subjects who are starting CPAP for the first time to join a research study. The study is looking at brain oxygen use before and after CPAP treatment. For this study we will conduct cognitive tests and a brain MRI before CPAP treatment begins and then again after 3 and 12 months of CPAP use. Each visit will take approximately three hours and will be conducted at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Participants will be compensated for each visit completed.
For more information please contact Nadia at (215)-615-3158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you been told you snore in your sleep? Do you have normal blood pressure, or are you being treated for high blood pressure? We are looking for adult research volunteers who may have sleep apnea and are not currently using CPAP treatment to join a research study. The study is looking at the effects of CPAP treatment on blood pressure. If eligible, participants will have 7 study visits over 5 months, including a sleep study, blood draws, urine collection, questionnaires, and blood pressure measurement conducted at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. This study does not involve medications. Participants will be compensated for their time.
For more information please contact Colleen at (215) 614-0047 or email@example.com.
To learn more about other opportunities to participate in research, please visit the following links:
- Insomnia & behavioral sleep medicine: Behavioral Sleep Medicine
- Sleep research for healthy volunteers: Division of Sleep & Chronobiology
- Other Research at Penn: Current Clinical Trials & Research Studies
Learn more about clinical trials at Penn