Coaching for Adults with ADHD
- Executive Skills Coaching
- Career Coaching
- Health & Well-being Coaching
- Mindful Self-Management® Group Coaching
Lisa’s strengths-based executive skills coaching involves an in-depth focus on core domains of adult ADHD coping and management, to improve executive skills, functional outcomes, self-regulation, personal and professional productivity, life satisfaction, and well-being.
- Follows an evidence-based cognitive-behavioral approach to address ADHD issues
- Targets ADHD adults’ unique challenges with implementation and self-regulation
- Supports behavior change and the development of sustainable routines and systems
- Provides a high level of engagement and accountability to reinforce learned skills
Lisa’s career coaching supports adults and emerging adults at all stages of the career-development process in cultivating self-knowledge, confidence, and competence to implement an effective career search, and in strengthening skills and competencies needed to experience goodness of fit and to thrive professionally.
- Evidence-based vocational assessments discern clients’ interests, personality factors, transferable skills, strengths, and values
- Fosters clients’ networking, career search strategy, and interviewing skills
- Provides guidance in crafting effective résumés and professional correspondence
- Facilitates preparedness for quarterly and annual performance reviews
- Addresses current and anticipated workplace challenges that may be due to ADHD
Research shows that the cultivation of healthy lifestyle practices can improve executive functioning and enhance life satisfaction. Because individuals with ADHD frequently struggle to sustain healthy habits and to attend to their health in general, Lisa’s health and well-being coaching builds conscientiousness in regard to health behavior change and supports the measurable improvement and maintenance of desired outcomes.
- Educates clients in the science of behavior change and assesses their readiness for change
- Increases clients’ motivation, commitment, and ability to engage in physical activities they enjoy, get adequate sleep, maintain a nourishing diet, and to embrace self-care and mindfulness practices to manage life’s stressors
- Structure and accountability supports maintenance of gains and adherence to clinician recommendations
The American Medical Association describes Health and Well-being Coaching as "a patient-centered approach wherein patients determine their goals, use self-discovery or active learning processes together with content education to work toward their goals, and self-monitor behaviors to increase accountability, all within the context of an interpersonal relationship with a coach. The coach is a non-physician health care professional certified by the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching or National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Coaches’ training includes behavioral change theory, motivational strategies, communication techniques, health education and promotion theories, which are used to assist patients to develop intrinsic motivation and obtain skills to create sustainable change for improved health and well-being." (AMA, June 26, 2019)
Individual clients typically meet with Lisa for a one-hour initial intake followed by weekly 45-minute meetings. Three months of coaching is encouraged in order for clients to witness change over time and assess progress though the process is fluid in duration, with many clients continuing on for a longer period.
Health & Well-being Coaching and Career Coaching integrate psychoeducation about ADHD and the cultivation of executive skills.
Lisa’s Mindful Self-Management group program extends the Penn Adult ADHD Treatment and Research Program’s psychosocial offerings for patients seen in its clinic and for the wider community. Lisa’s groups are cognitive-behavioral in approach to address difficulties experienced by adults and young adults in regard to time-management, organization, planning, and emotional self-regulation; her program also fosters mindful awareness and the cultivation of self-care and positive habits. Periodic booster sessions following completion (“Refreshers”) support the maintenance of gains made and provide a community for graduates.
Back to Top