The Penn Clinical Research (CR): Monitoring Onboarding Program is an optional, free-to-use onboarding training and resource for Penn Medicine Clinical Research staff, especially newly hired Clinical Research Monitors.
If you are serving as a monitor on a research trial meaning you are involved in overseeing the conduct of a clinical trial, ensuring the trial is conducted according to the protocol, Good Clinical Practice(GCP), study/ departments SOPs and regulatory requirements, the Monitoring Onboarding Program is recommended.
Training is done via Workday Learning and you must have a PennKey and Password to log in and take this training. By clicking this link you will be directed to the Program. You will need to click “Enroll” to self-assign. If you have completed any of the eLearning modules before self-enrolling they will display as “Completed”.
You may also request the Penn Clinical Research (CR): Monitoring Onboarding Program by sending a request to this link and the Program will be assigned to you within two business days.
Monitoring is the act of overseeing the progress of a clinical trial and of ensuring that it is conducted, recorded and reported in accordance with the protocol SOPs, GCP and the applicable regulatory requirement(s). The Office of Clinical Research’s (OCR) Onboarding curriculum aims to equip newly hired clinical research monitors at Penn Medicine, with the knowledge and resources to conduct their assigned duties as clinical trial monitors. The curriculum also directs new hires to Penn- specific resource training such as E-Systems for research, useful tools and templates. The larger goal of this onboarding is to allow clinical research teams to check the ongoing compliance health of their own trials, and thereby protecting the rights and welfare of clinical trial participants at Penn Medicine and it’s affiliated sites.
Benefits of the Penn Clinical Research (CR): Monitoring Onboarding are:
- Convenient online format
- Designed to meet the needs of just hired new and experienced research monitoring staff at Penn
- Helpful checklists and templates ready to be used by onboarded staff.
What is part of the Penn CR Monitoring Onboarding Program
- Online e-modules via Workday: ranging from topics such as Good Clinical Practice for the Experienced Monitor , Risk based Monitoring, Key Skills for Ensuring Quality Control and more
- Comprehensive list of Penn Research e-systems and related training: such as PennChart, PennCTMS, RedCap training and more.
- Monitoring related template and checklist type resources (Created by OCR and Association of Clinical Research Professionals/ ACRP)
This Program does not include one-on-one shadowing for a newly hired monitors. We recommend that departments develop their own shadowing opportunities in collaboration with their research staff.
For issues, feedback and questions; email: email@example.com or call 215-662-4484