- About the Center
- Research Programs
- Addiction Genetics and Pharmacogenetics Division
- Addiction Treatment and Medication Development Division
- Brain-Behavioral Vulnerabilities Laboratory
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Research Division
- Clinical Trials Network
- Novel Interventions in Criminal Justice Populations Division
- Continuing Care and Assessment Division
- Integrated Care for Primary Care
- Clinical Trial Participation
- Treatment Options
- Affiliated Divisions
- Center Faculty
- Post Doctoral Fellowships
- Recorded Seminars
- Public Education and Policy Work
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
Charles O'Brien Center for Addiction Treatment
The Charles O’Brien Center at the University of Pennsylvania Health System offers state-of-the-art addiction treatment provided by nationally renowned experts in the field. Our goal is to provide the highest possible quality of addiction treatment while helping you to regain control of your life.
We believe that treatment begins with a comprehensive evaluation in a supportive environment that includes an assessment of medical and psychiatric complications, difficulties in various realms of functioning, and readiness for change.
Our compassionate team believes in treating a person, not merely an addiction, and we strive to understand unique life circumstances, personal preferences, and character strengths to tailor an individualized treatment plan.
Since addiction is a biological disorder, we often prescribe medications to reduce cravings, block the rewarding effects of drugs and alcohol, and normalize brain function. Our approach fully integrates the psychological and biological interventions that are most likely to lead to sustained recovery.
Treatment is available for all addictive substances.
Back to Top