Jonathan Kantor, MD, MSCE, MA
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Dermatology | University of Pennsylvania
- France | Haiti | South Africa | United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland | United States
- Artifical Inteligence | Medical Education | Telemedicine
Dr Jonathan Kantor is an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Perelman School of Medicine. Jonathan is editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology International, the author/ editor of four textbooks published by McGraw-Hill, and the author of over 100 peer-reviewed manuscripts, abstracts, and book chapters. Born in South Africa and educated in six countries on four continents, his scholarship is focused on utilization and access to skin and cancer care. He has a long-standing interest in international education, outreach, telemedicine, and AI, leveraging international expertise for the betterment of global health in dermatology.
RECENT GLOBAL HEALTH PROJECTS
- Developing low-cost and high-technology approaches to telemedicine, 3-dimensional imaging, and skin cancer care.
- Developing a feasible, valid, and reliable scale for surgical scar evaluation that is relevant globally (current projects include translation with validity studies into three languages)
- Founding editor of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology International
Kantor J. An effective, low-cost technique for photograph and video capture, wireless transmission, and quality assurance assessments for dermatopathology, anatomic pathology, and Mohs micrographic surgery. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2019;80:269-70.
Kantor J. Reliability and photographic equivalency of the SCAR scale, an outcome measure for postoperative scars. JAMA Dermatol. 2017;153:55-60.
Kantor J. Software-based three-dimensional surface imaging and scanning in plastic surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017 Oct 14. doi: 10.1097/PRS.0000000000004079.
Kantor J. Fully digital Mohs map for micrographic surgery. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017 Sep 22. pii: S0190-9622(17)32449-0. doi: 10.1016/j.jaad.2017.09.044.