Obadia Venance Nyongole, MD
- Instructor of Medicine - Infectious Disease | University of Pennsylvania
- Tanzania, United Republic of
- Genitourinary Oncology | Health Systems Strengthening | Medical Education
Languages: English, Swahili
For the past fifteen years, my research focus has been on the delineation of dynamics of health systems, Medical education, surgical and urological conditions, and the development of evidence-based guidelines on improving the quality of health services, prevention, and control strategies. I have provided technical expertise and leadership roles in various programs/projects in Tanzania, and governance and implementation frameworks were fostered. I have worked and led teams to develop guidelines for clinical teaching. I have conducted a number of research in health sciences.
Am the Acting Director of Quality Assurance at the University.
Recent global health projects
1. Stigmatization on Androgen Deprivation Therapies and its Impact on Quality of Life among Men with Metastatic Prostate Cancer: The STAMP Study
2. Focal person for tracer study and curricula revision under Higher Education for Economic Transformation (HEET PROJECT)
Obadia Nyongole et al; A one-decade trend of Transforming Medical Doctors to surgeons in Tanzania: The leaking trough. PUBLISHED IN EAST CENTRAL AFRICAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY (ECAJS 18. 3)
2. SIRIL N, Obadia Nyongole, Kiwara A: ADDRESSING THE HUMAN RESOURCE FOR HEALTH CRISIS IN TANZANIA: THE LOST IN TRANSITION (LOTTA) SYNDROME (published in Tanzania Journal of Health Research 16.1).
3. NABUNWA G, Obadia Nyongole et al: Metabolic Syndrome in Patients on Androgen Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer as seen at Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Center, Moshi, Tanzania. (Published in East and Central African Journal of Surgery 19.2).
4. Obadia Nyongole et al: Antibiotic use in urological surgeries; A six years review at Muhimbili National Hospital, Dar es salaam-Tanzania (Published in Pan African Medical Journal, 22,226).
5. Obadia V. Nyongole, Nashivai E. Kivuyo, Fransia A. Mushi, Larry O. Akoko, Mucho Mizinduko, Gabriel F. Mtaturu, Muhsin Aboud, Charles A. Mkony. A Retrospective study of patients with Castrate Resistant Prostate Cancer at Muhimbili National Hospital, Tanzania. Published in Tanzania Medical Journal 2020; 31(2): 1-10