Paul J. Mather, MD
- Professor of Clinical Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine
- Botswana | Vietnam
- Community Engagement | Medical Education
Professor of Clinical Medicine in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. He is the Physician Leader for Heart Failure Disease Management for the University of Pennsylvania Health System and the Director, Faculty Development, Division of Cardiology.
He received the American Heart Association Lynn Smaha Award fo Excellence in 2019 and was named the American Heart Association Physician of the Year in 2020. He also received the Edward S. Cooper Award from the Philadelphia AHA in 2023.
He has worked with Italian, British, Vietnamese and Botwanian Universities to help them expand their bandwidth of medical education
Recent Global Health Projects
1. VinMec (Hanoi Vietnam Medical School) Cardiology Medical Education Curriculum
2. University of Botswana project on expanding the bandwidth of Residency and Fellowship Medical Education
3. Helping them start an advanced heart failure and LVAD program at the University of Sapienza Roma
4. Ongoing Heart Failure Scientific Sessions Chairman since 2019 for ACC Asia
1. Olanipekun T, Abe T, Effoe V, Obiora E, Mather P, Echols M, Adedinsewo D, Racial Disparities in the Trends and Outcomes of Cardiogenic Shock Complicating Peripartum Cardiomyopathy, JAMA, May 2022
2. Severino P, D’Amato A, Saglietto A, D’Ascenzo F, Marini C, Schiavone M, Ghionzoli N, Pirrotta F, Troiano F, Cannillo M, Mennuni M, Rogononi A, Rametta F, Galluzzo A, Agnes G, Infusino F, Pucci M, Lavalle C, Cacciotti L, Mather PJ, Marra WG, Ugo F, Forleo G, Viecca M, Morici N, Patti G, De Ferrari GM, Palazzuoli A, Mancone M, Fedele F, Reduction in heart failure hospitalization rate during coronarvirus disease 19 pandemic outbreak, ESC Heart Failure, DOI: 10.1002/ehf2.13044, October, 2020
3. Abe T, Eyituoyo HO, De Allie G, Olanipekun T, Effoe VS, Olaosebikan K, Mather P, Clinical Outcomes in patients with native valve infective endocarditis and diabete mellitus, World J Cardiol, Vol 13, Issue 1, p11-20, January 26, 2021
Last Updated: 22 May 2023