Penn Radiology Global Health Imaging Case Competition, 2024 - Asia and Oceania
Abstract Submissions Due December 5th @ 9am EST
Focus: Asia and Oceania
Friday, January 19th, 2024 at 9:00 pm EST
The Global Health Imaging Case Report Competition is a collaboration between the Departments of Radiology at Penn Medicine and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), along with the Perelman School of Medicine Center for Global Health. It is designed for medical trainees in low- and middle-income countries to present cases unique to their region. The free virtual event will feature presentations by the finalists and a keynote speaker.
Keynote Speaker: TBD
Case competition submissions should be centered around relevant medical images demonstrating the patient's presentation and course of the disease as well as the patient's story which explains their social circumstances.
This free event will provide a platform for networking, professional advancement, and learning while having fun (and potentially winning prize money).
1st place - $1000
2nd place - $500
People’s Choice - $250
When does judging take place?
Presentations by selected participants will be given and judged during the virtual event on January 19th, 2024 at 9:00pm EST
What do entrants need to do?
Submit an abstract limited to 500 words which include:
· Name, department, institution, and country
· Name of mentor and other team members
· Brief description of the case and course of disease/treatment
· Description of available imaging studies (for example: CT abdomen and pelvis showing a 9 cm abdominal mass)
· Unique past medical and social history
What else do entrants need to know?
· Submissions should be limited to one per trainee and three per institution.
· Each submission requires a mentor who is a consultant physician or equivalent level of training in the same institution.
· All submitted abstracts will be reviewed and a subset will be selected for further consideration.
· Selected participants will be given further instructions to submit a complete case presentation that includes images.
· Selected participants will be invited to present their cases on the day of the conference.
· Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the conference.
· Appropriate patient consent should be obtained, and no patient identifier should be included in submissions.