Resources & Support for Military Kids
There are a lot of resources for military-connected kids and children of veterans.
Here's a selection of our favorites:
- Blue Star Families: for military families looking to connect with your new community.
- Check out Military Kids Connect if your military child is looking to connect with other kids, read some blogs, find health and wellness tips, and other resources.
- Sesame Street supports military children. Visit their website for games, videos and resources are available for younger children to learn about wellness, moving, and homecomings.
- Military Child Education Coalition supports all military-connected children by educating, advocating, and collaborating to resolve education challenges associated with the military lifestyle. MCEC offers webinars, podcasts, and more.
- Our Military Kids funds sports, arts and other enrichment activities for military children whose parents are deployed overseas with the National Guard/Reserve or are recovering from severe injuries sustained in post-9/11 overseas mission.
- Camp Corral's mission is to transform the lives of children of wounded, ill, and fallen military heroes by providing camp, advocacy, and enrichment programs.
- Tuesday's Children has an innovative platform of programs specially designed to equip surviving children, widows and families impacted by the tragic events of Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2001, with real world and career advancement skills.
- Partners in Promise protects the rights of military children in Special Education and offers educational tools and resources to help military children with special needs stay on track.
- MilitaryOneSource: Getting ready for deployment can be stressful, so be prepared! Help your military children get ready before deploying.
Visit www.cohenveteransnetwork.org for more resources, events, and support for military children. Know of a local resource for military children and/or families? Let us know: email@example.com.
Back to Top