HOW TO SETUP AN ACCOUNT
If you are considering using CARC services please contact Denisa Goia directly to discuss the needs of your project.
The CARC is now using Agilent's iLab for scheduling equipment, requesting services, and billing. All core users will need to register for an iLab login and provide the appropriate payment information before services may be rendered. Instructions for registration and using iLab to schedule equipment or request core services may be found (here). Important details about the setup process are described below.
Setting up payment information - Penn customers
Setting up payment information - non-Penn customers
Users from CHOP, Wistar, or other academic or corporate organizations must provide a purchase order (PO) number and a purchase order form to the core before any services can be provided. This can either be done by the user after registering for an iLab account OR the information can be emailed to Meena Swaminathan.
iLab Registration for UPenn customers:
- Navigate to the core's iLab page: CARC
- In the upper-right-hand corner of the screen select the ‘Register using UPenn Credentials’ option
- You will be directed to an authentication page where you will need to enter your PennKey username and password.
- Once you have entered your credentials, click the ‘Login’ button.
- You will be directed to an iLab Registration page where you will need to select your PI/Lab and verify your contact information.
- Once your registration has been submitted, your PI will receive a notification that you have requested membership to their lab in iLab. They will need to approve your membership. Your business administrator needs to approve CAMS access to a budget code (see above).
- IMPORTANT: you will not be able to view the reservation calendar for an irradiator until you are given "trained" status for the irradiator by the core iLab administrator. If you have been trained already, email Denisa Goia to request this.
iLab Registration for external (non-UPenn) customers:
- Complete the registration form on the sign-up page.
- Receive a Welcome Email from iLab (typically within one business day) with login credentials.
- Either upload your PO information yourself or email it to Meena Swaminathan. If you need a quote to generate a PO, request that first.