Sponsor Investigator Training
Training Resource: Protecting Patient Information HIPAA [Workday Learning]
Knowledge Link [if no Workday Learning Access]
Frequency: At start of PSOM employment and every year
Oversight: Office of Privacy
Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
Training Resource: Select any one of the following
- Completion of on-line, interactive ACRP Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Simulation module
- Completion of: CITI's GCP eLearning Module [CITI Drugs and Device and Social & Behavioral]
- Providing documentation of approved, sponsor-required GCP training
Frequency: Prior to starting clinical research and every three years
Oversight: GCP training is overseen at Penn by the Office of Clinical Research using Training SOP 401
Ethics and Human Subjects Protection: A Comprehensive Introduction
Workday Learning Link HERE
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Program) - Human Subjects Protection
Training Resource: CITI Protection of Human Subjects Research Training - ORA
Frequency: Prior to starting clinical research. Initial training must be established, as of April 2019, renewal of CITI training for Human Research is no longer required at Penn.
Oversight: CITI training is overseen at Penn by the Institutional Review Board. Visit the Penn IRBs page HERE
Study Start Up and Management
Study Close out
Master the Event Reporting Cycle: Understanding your impact on patient safety
Bloodborne Pathogens- Clinical- EHRS
Informed Consent Simulation
FDA Form 1572
Understanding Clinical Trial Monitoring Basics
Research Technology/ Systems:
Training Resource: Specific to each system.
Frequency: Before system use.
Applies to: Required by any Faculty or staff that needs to use the technology/ system
- PennChart: This is the electronic medical record system.
- PennCRMS: This is the Clinical Research Management System.
- Penn Vault SiteVault:: This is the electronic Document Management System.
- Penn iConnect: This is the Patient Recruitment Management System.