2015 Penn's Way Campaign Giving Is Penn's Way
October 7, 2015
Dear Perelman School of Medicine Faculty and Staff:
This week Penn Medicine and the University launched our annual workplace charitable giving campaign, Penn's Way, which will run until November 20th. We can all help Penn Medicine and the University achieve our goal of $1,550,000. Last year's campaign was the most successful to date, raising more than $1,633,000 to support programs that benefit our community. Contributions by the Perelman School of Medicine's faculty and staff were a significant factor in this success. Community needs continue to grow and frequently overwhelm our neighborhoods. Penn's Way is helping to meet these needs, and I am writing to encourage you to participate at whatever level you can.
The 2015 Penn's Way campaign offers you the opportunity to donate to more than 6,000 agencies and to other charities, including:
- UWSEPA Community Impact Fund
- Preparing Children to Achieve
- Building Adult Independence
- Strengthening Neighborhoods and Communities
- More than 5,000 donor organization options
Center for Responsible Funding Agencies
- The AIDS Fund
- Community Health Charities
- Global Impact
- Women's Way
- EarthShare PA
- Bread and Roses Community Fund
- Delaware Valley Legacy Funds
- America’s Charities
Penn Medicine Entities
- Abramson Cancer Center
- Wissahickon Hospice
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- Scheie Eye Institute
- Sayre Health Center
All of the recipient agencies are located in and around Philadelphia, so your pledge will directly help our neighbors and communities.
Participating is easy and quick because you have the option of doing so online. Your information will be protected with our online security measures, and access requires PennKey authorization. You can contribute online today at: http://www.upenn.edu/pennsway (This site also has a searchable database of certified organizations to which you can contribute.)
I strongly encourage you to participate in this program. You can do so by:
- Giving by payroll deduction, cash, check or credit card.
- Declining to give at this time – just go online and check "contributing elsewhere." You will still be participating by offering the campaign your thoughtful consideration.
I have asked the following people to serve as the School of Medicine's Penn's Way coordinators:
- Bob Dugan (215-573-0681), email@example.com
- Victoria Brunson (215-898-0220), firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the Penn's Way campaign, or need assistance, please feel free to contact them.
Please help all you can by participating in this year's campaign. Thank you very much for your consideration and support.
J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD