Giving Is Penn's Way: 2019 Penn's Way Campaign
October 19, 2018
Dear Perelman School of Medicine Faculty and Staff:
I am writing to remind you that Penn Medicine and the University have launched our annual workplace charitable giving campaign. Penn's Way will run until November 16. We can all help Penn Medicine and the University achieve our goal.
Last year's campaign to support programs that benefit our community was the most successful to date. Contributions by the Perelman School of Medicine's faculty and staff were a significant factor in this success. Community needs continue to grow and frequently overwhelm our neighborhoods. Penn's Way is helping to meet these needs, and I encourage you to participate at whatever level you can.
The 2019 Penn's Way campaign offers you the opportunity to donate to more than 5,000 agencies and to other charities, including:
- UWSEPA Community Impact Fund
- Preparing Children to Achieve
- Building Adult Independence
- Strengthening Neighborhoods and Communities
- More than 5,000 donor organization options
Philadelphia Alliance for Change
- The AIDS Fund
- Community Health Charities
- Global Impact
- Women's Way
- EarthShare PA
- Bread and Roses Community Fund
- Delaware Valley Legacy Funds
- America’s Charities
- And many more
Penn Medicine Entities
- Abramson Cancer Center
- Chester County Hospital
- Penn Wissahickon Hospice
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- Scheie Eye Institute
- The Dr. Bernett L. Johnson, Jr., Sayre Health Center
All of the recipient agencies are located in and around Philadelphia, so your pledge will directly help our neighbors and communities.
Participating is easy and quick because you have the option of doing so online. Your information will be protected with our online security measures, and access requires PennKey authorization. You can contribute online today at: https://pennsway.upenn.edu/ (This site also has a searchable database of certified organizations to which you can contribute.)
I strongly encourage you to participate in this program. You can do so by:
- Giving by payroll deduction, cash, check or credit card.
- Declining to give at this time – just go online and check "contributing elsewhere." You will still be participating by offering the campaign your thoughtful consideration.
I have asked the following people to serve as the School of Medicine's Penn's Way coordinators:
If you have any questions about the Penn's Way campaign, or need assistance, please feel free to contact them.
Please help all you can by participating in this year's campaign. Thank you very much for your consideration and support.
J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD