Dr. C. Neill Epperson, a leading expert on women's mental health issues, directs an accomplished group of psychiatrists, psychologists, and administrative and research personnel. Our clinicians provide the option for ongoing management of psychological or psychiatric care using a full range of therapeutic options. These therapeutic options include psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, couples therapy, and psychopharmacology.
Areas of clinical emphasis include:
- Menstrual cycle-related mood disorders such as severe Premenstrual Syndrome and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Menstrual exacerbation of on-going anxiety and mood disorders
- Prenatal counseling regarding the use of psychotropic medications during pregnancy and lactation
- Evaluation and treatment of psychiatric disorders during pregnancy
- Postpartum depression and anxiety
- Adjustment to parenthood
- Infertility and assisted reproduction
- Pregnancy loss or complication
- Cognitive issues during the menopause
- Natural and artificially induced menopause
- Gynecologic cancer and its treatment
- Traumatic delivery
The PCWBW provides clinical consultations and evaluations regarding psychotropic medications. These evaluations can function as a one-time comprehensive consultation only, or as an ongoing resource for patients during a difficult period. These in-depth psychological and psychiatric evaluations can determine the most appropriate course of treatment. We also work closely with referring physicians to design the best treatment plan for each individual.
Outpatient services are available 5 days per week, between 8AM and 5PM.
We offer services at our main location at 3535 Market Street in University City 5 days a week. We are located on the third floor.
We also offer services one day per week at Penn Medicine Washington Square (800 Walnut Street) in Center City.
Some of our therapists also offer clinical care at the Helen O. Dicken's Center for Women, located at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. To get in touch with the Dicken's Center, please call (215) 662-2730.
The following PCWBW Clinicians accept the insurance plans below: Sarah Mathews, MD, Lindsay Sortor, PsyD, and Connie Bradey, LCSW.
- Aetna Student Health (for UPenn and Drexel students only)
- Medicaid — Philadelphia county only, including the following:
- Community Behavioral Health
- Keystone Mercy
- Health Partners
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- Aetna Better Health
- Penn Care Personal Choice (for employees of the University and Health system)
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield; including federal plan and PPO
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield — Blue Card Option
Our self-pay clinical fees vary by clinician and the nature of the consultation and/or service. Please contact us directly for more information regarding our fees. Consultations typically range from $125 to $500.
Please note that Dr. Epperson accepts self-pay patients and Penn Care Personal Choice only.
Yes, the following forms can be filled out in advance of your appointment with the Penn Center for Women's Behavioral Wellness. Please contact our Patient Care Coordinator at 215-573-8886 for information about which forms are appropriate for you.
If you would like to learn more about our services, make a referral, or schedule an appointment, please call our Patient Services Manager, Raisa, at 215-573-8886 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.