- About the Center
- Getting Treatment at Our Center
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Information for Professionals
- Find a PE Therapist
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Adolescent Intensive Training in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD
|** New Workshop Offering! **|
Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
April 20, 2018
Co-sponsored by: Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association
Who may attend: This workshop is open to licensed mental health professionals and those working under a license that have completed the 4-day Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy within the last 5 years.
Dates: Friday, April 20, 2018
Times: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (8:30 am for check-in and continental breakfast)
Cost: $375.00 per person. This fee covers the cost of workshop and supporting materials (Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Adolescent with PTSD: Emotional Processing of Traumatic Experiences [Foa, Chrestman, & Gilboa-Schechtman, 2009], Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD: Teen Workbook [Chrestman, Gilboa-Schechtman, & Foa, 2009], and a workshop binder which includes all slide handouts and materials)
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
3535 Market Street
Workshop Description: Dr. Sandy Capaldi will provide instruction in the basic differences between PE and PE-A, use excerpts from videotaped sessions to illustrate how to use PE with adolescents, discuss when and how to implement PE-A, and provide guidelines for how and when to modify PE techniques to tailor the therapy to adolescents.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the differences between PE and PE-A
- Discuss the background and empirical evidence for PE-A
- Identify appropriate candidates for PE-A
- Use motivational interviewing and case management techniques to prepare individuals for PE-A
- Implement psychoeducational treatment components of PE-A
- Construct a real life experiment hierarchy that includes a range of situations that safely and effectively promote learning while expanding the client’s world
- Conduct memory talk to memories of traumatic events
- Choose worst moments with patients and implement worst moments procedures
- Implement relapse prevention techniques
- Conduct a treatment termination session in which the patient’s progress is reviewed
Continuing Education Credit: Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association (PBTA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to provide continuing education credits for licensed psychologists and Pennsylvania social workers. Other licensed professionals should confirm with their respective licensing boards that CE activities in compliance with the American Psychological Association’s standards for continuing education credits are acceptable. PBTA maintains responsibility for the program.
This workshop is approved for 6.5 credit hours. In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
If all of these requirements are met, you will receive a continuing education certificate at the end of the workshop.
Where to Stay
There are several options for local housing. For more information click here.
Please find workshop information and the registration form here.
The application deadline is March 16, 2018. Applicants will be notified of acceptance within one week of receipt of their application. Please do not make travel or other arrangements until your application is accepted.
Instructions for Submitting Application
Applications can be submitted to:
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
Attn: Sandy Capaldi, Psy.D.
University of Pennsylvania
3535 Market Street, Suite 600 North
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3309
Via fax to: (215) 746-3311, Attn: Sandy Capaldi
Email (as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment): Dr. Sandy Capaldi, email@example.com
You will receive a confirmation via email if your application is accepted. Please do not make travel or other arrangements until your registration is confirmed. Note that we can only reserve your space when you provide payment information or a check.
- Full payment of $375 is due by March 16, 2018.
- Workshop fees are non-refundable after the March 16, 2018. Please note that payments will not be processed until after this date.
- We accept checks, money orders, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. Unfortunately, we do not accept American Express.
- If paying by check, please make check or money order payable to “CPUP (Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania)”
Click for more information about Prolonged Exposure Therapy
Back to Top