Penn Radiation Oncology Locations

The main Radiation Oncology department is located in the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine, which houses the Roberts Proton Therapy Center and a dedicated pediatrics area for patients from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Residents spend 75% of their clinical rotations in this main center. The remaining 25% of clinical time aims to broaden residents' exposure to diverse technologies, patient populations, and attending mentors with rotations at the Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Pennsylvania Hospital, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, and Lancaster General Hospital.


see location map details in content above

The Perelman Center is your home base. Your resident offices and the main department are located here, and this is the location for your core disease-specific rotations and weekly didactic lectures. The Roberts Proton Therapy Center, our dedicated pediatrics area, and a brand-new brachytherapy suite are here as well.

  • Five proton gantries (pencil-beam scanning, onboard CT scanning)
  • Three Varian TrueBeam® linacs
  • Two Varian Halcyon™ linacs
  • New brachytherapy suite (gyn, prostate, head/neck, SpaceOAR and fiducials, in-room imaging with a new BK ultrasound and fluoroscopy, and our department's own MRI next door)
  • GammaMedplus™ iX HDR Afterloader
  • CT, PET/CT and MR simulators
  • 4D CT and SDX breath-hold devices
  • 1,000 square-foot small animal radiation research core

Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine
3400 Civic Center Boulevard
Concourse Level
Philadelphia, PA 19104


Pennsylvania Hospital, known as "Pennsy", is the nation’s first hospital and was founded in 1751. Located in Old City Philadelphia and serves the local patient population. Our stereotactic center of excellence with emphasis on Gamma Knife, Varian EDGE, and CyberKnife experience. Three Penn faculty mentors.

Pennsylvania Hopsital
801 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107

PAH Hospital

Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, known as "Presby", is located in University City and serves a West Philadelphia patient population. It is within walking distance of the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine. One Penn faculty mentor. Special emphasis on Halcyon treatment machines with onboard imaging.

Penn Presbyterian Medical Center

51 N. 39th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104


The VA is located in University City and serves the region’s veteran population. It is within walking distance of the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine. Two full-time Penn faculty mentors. Unique disease presentations and practice environment in a single payor health system. Special emphasis on practical skills including NPL scopes, daily IGRT review, treatment setups, etc.

Corporal Michael J. Crescenz VA Medical Center

3900 Woodland Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Lancaster General Hospital, known as "LGH", is our newest rotation. In this senior resident experience, trainees rotate three days a week at the center and learn from three full-time Penn faculty. This is a high-technology community center (Varian TrueBeam linac, Halcyon linac, CyberKnife, Tomotherapy, HDR brachy, and Proton therapy. LGH treats a broad variety of diseases, allowing residents to customize their case mix. Located in Lancaster, PA. Given the distance of LGH from our main site, residents can either commute (supported by a travel stipend) or stay nearby in a free, dedicated housing option. We provide additional food stipends and financial compensation above and beyond the resident's normal salary during this rotation.

Suburban Pavilion
2100 Harrisburg Pike Lancaster, PA 17604