- About the PCWBW
- About Our Team
- Behavioral Wellness At Any Age
- Consultations & Clinical Care
- Research Studies
- Women's Behavioral Health In the News
- Center for the Study of Sex and Gender in Behavioral Health
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
The Penn Center for Women's Behavioral Wellness is a collaboration between the Departments of Psychiatry and Obstetrics/Gynecology in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. The PCWBW provides clinical consultation and treatment, as well as opportunities to participate in research focusing on conditions related to women’s behavioral health across the lifespan; from menarche to menopause. Our Center takes the lifespan approach to women's behavioral wellness for the following reasons:
- Health maintenance activities at early stages of the life cycle can have a powerful impact on health and well-being at later stages.
- Clinical conditions occurring at one stage of the female life cycle can reoccur or worsen at other stages.
- New knowledge gained from research in one area of women's behavioral health may advance our understanding of the causes of behavioral health issues at multiple stages in a women’s reproductive life.
Our mission is to promote women's wellness through education, clinical care, and research that broadens our knowledge of how periods of hormonal fluctuation contribute to cognitive and emotional changes across the female lifespan.
Back to Top