- IOA Research Scholars Program
IOA Research Scholars Program
The IOA Research Scholar Program consists of the John Q. Trojanowski Research Scholar Award and the Joseph A. Brennan Research Scholar Award and will provide support to two scholars per year.
- Research Scholars must be early career investigators and can apply for up to $50,000 (direct funds) to support their aging and/or neurodegenerative disease related research during a one-year period, July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024.
- University of Pennsylvania faculty at the Assistant Professor or Instructor level who qualify as NIH-defined early stage investigators are eligible to apply. Well qualified postdoctoral trainees are also eligible to apply for up to $25,000 (direct funds) for a one-year period.
The primary criterion for selection is the investigator’s promise in the fields of neurodegenerative disease and/or aging. However, an area or body of research pursued should be clearly described in the application. All types of research are acceptable provided the focus is on aging and/or neurodegenerative disease. Funds requested can include some salary support, but the majority of the funds should support research costs and a clear budget justification describing how the funds will support your career development goals should be included with the application.
Applicants must designate an affiliation with one of the four divisions within IOA: 1) Basic Neurodegenerative Disease Research, 2) Clinical and Translational Neurodegenerative Disease Research, 3) Geroscience, Gerontology, and Geriatrics, or 4) Epidemiology, Social Science, and Policy.
These awards are for one year and are not renewable; all funds must be spent within the one-year time period. A brief final report is required, as well as a financial report outlining how the funds were spent.
- Title page with your name, contact information (including email address), IOA Division affiliation and a description of your career development goals – limit to one page
- NIH Biosketch
- NIH Other Support
- Specific Aims page describing your research plans – limit to one page
- Letter of support from your Division Leader or Department Chair
- Budget with detailed budget justification outlining how the funds will support your career development goals (does not need to be on NIH budget form)
For more information, contact Kathy Jedrziewski, IOA Deputy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email full application as a single PDF to Kathy Jedrziewski, email@example.com
Applications due: March 20, 2023