Policies and Procedures for Students
When registering for a conference or purchasing membership to an organization, please send the GGEB coordinator an emailed request at least a week before the deadline with the following:
- A link to the registration page/membership page
- Your username and password
- The registration deadline
- Written confirmation from your mentor that they will be paying, how much they'll be paying (ie the cost of membership/registration), and the account they'll be paying from
- If they are paying with a grant (R01), I will need a completed A21. This can be found on the Forms page of the GGEB website.
- The answers to any questions you may be asked to answer during the registration process prior to payment.
Once I have this information, I will complete the required paperwork and send it to Marissa. Marissa will review, send it to the business office for approval, and then complete the registration on your behalf. Because so many people are involved, last minute requests may not be processed in time.
Only with prior approval, which is rare, can students purchase out-of-pocket.
Student travel is booked by the GGEB coordinator, and follow a similar process to conference registration requests.
When booking a flight, please send me the following:
- A screenshot of your itinerary, including departure and return dates, airline, and price.
- Written confirmation from your mentor that they will pay for the flight and the account to charge
- If using a grant (R01), a completed A21 from the GGEB Forms page is required
- The cheapest, most convenient flight (ie direct, shorter, etc) should always be given priority when considering your options
- First class travel is not allowed
- Traveling to a conference destination earlier than the start date is permitted, but you must provide a comparison flight departing the day before the conference begins.
- University-supported travel for personal reasons is not permitted.