Graduate Student in Bioengineering
University of Pennsylvania
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2016, Cornell University
M.Eng. Mechanical Engineering, 2017, Cornell University
Areas of Interest
Orthopaedic Biomechanics, Imaging, Computational modeling
- Fung AK, Shetye S, Li Y, Zhou Y, Liu X, Soslowsky LJ. "Pregnancy and Lactation Impair Subchondral Bone Leading to Reduced Rat Supraspinatus Tendon Failure." J Biomech Eng. 2020 Jun 25.
- Fung AK, Paredes JJ, Andarawis-Puri N. Novel image analysis methods for quantification of in situ 3-D tendon cell and matrix strain. J Biomech. 2018;67:184-189.
Conference Abstracts and Presentations
- Fung AK, Li Y, Leahy TP, Shetye SS, Liu XS, Soslowsky LJ. Reproduction and Lactation Lead to Long-Term Changes in Supraspinatus Tendon and Humeral Trabecular Bone Properties in a Rat Model. Trans Orthop Res Soc, Austin, TX, 2019.
- Fung AK, Shetye SS, de Bakker CM, Li Y, Liu XS, Soslowsky LJ. Female Rat Supraspinatus Tendon Mechanical Properties Exhibit a Differential Response to Estrogen-Deficiency Depending on Reproductive History. Trans Orthop Res Soc, Austin, TX, 2019.
- Fung AK, Paredes JJ, Bell R, Andarawis-Puri N. A Cell-Based Cross-Correlation Imaging Analysis Method for Quantification of 3-D Tendon Strains. Summer Biomechanics, Bioengineering and Biotransport Conference, Tucson, AZ, 2017.
Ashley joined the McKay Orthopaedic Research Laboratory in the summer of 2017 and is currently working towards the completion of her graduate studies in the Department of Bioengineering. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, solving jigsaw puzzles, hiking, and exploring what Philly has to offer.