Graduate Student in Bioengineering & Student in Veterinary M.D.
University of Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science, 2011, Cornell University
Master of Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, 2012, Cornell University
Areas of Interest
Orthopaedic Biomechanics, Tissue Engineering, Tendon Injury and Response, Clinical Research
- Bridgette D. Semple, Jaclyn Carlson and Linda J. Noble-Haeusslein. Chapter 17: Pediatric rodent models of TBI. 'Injury Models of Central Nervous System: Traumatic Brain Injury.' Eds. Dixon, Kobeissy, Hayes and Mondello. In 'Methods in Molecular Biology' by Springer, USA.
- Semple BD, Sadjadi R, Carlson J, Chen Y, Xu D, Ferriero DM, Noble-Haeusslein LJ. Long-Term Anesthetic-Dependent Hypoactivity after Repetitive Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries in Adolescent Mice. Dev Neurosci. 2016;38(3):220-238.
- Semple BD, Carlson J, Noble-Haeusslein LJ. Pediatric Rodent Models of Traumatic Brain Injury. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1462:325-43. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-3816-2_18. Review.
- Semple BD, Lee S, Sadjadi R, Fritz N, Carlson J, Griep C, Ho V, Jang P, Lamb A, Popolizio B, Saini S, Bazarian JJ, Prins ML, Ferriero DM, Basso DM, Noble-Haeusslein LJ. Repetitive concussions in adolescent athletes -translating clinical and experimental research into perspectives on rehabilitation strategies. Front Neurol. 2015 Apr 2;6:69. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2015.00069. eCollection 2015. Review
Conference Abstracts and Presentations
- Jaclyn A. Carlson, Snehal S. Shetye, Ashley B. Rodriguez, Jessica M. Johnston, Mei Sun, Sheila M. Adams, David E. Birk, Louis J. Soslowsky. Gender Dependent Alterations in the Mechanical Response of Collagen V Haploinsufficient Murine Tendons. Trans Orthop Res Soc, New Orleans, LA, 2018.
Jaclyn joined the McKay Orthopaedic Research Laboratory in the summer of 2018 and is currently working towards completing her combined degree for veterinary M.D. and graduate studies in the Department of Bioengineering. When she isn't busy researching and performing mechanical tests, she enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her family and friends, including her puppy, Spot.