- Operations & Engineering
- Maintenance & Housekeeping
Maintenance & Housekeeping
Normal Maintenance & Repairs
Everyday "normal" maintenance issues, though inconvenient, are not emergencies. Examples include ...
- Ceiling tile replacement
- Most lab and office hot/cold temperature complaints (NOTE: It may take up to several hours for you to feel a temperature adjustment. In many cases, the systems are working for an entire building, not just a single office or classroom. Changing the thermostat does not instantly change the temperature.)
- Light bulb replacement
- Plumbing issues such as drippy faucets, restroom fixture problems, poorly flushing toilets, etc.
- Door lock and hardware problems
- Elevators out of service
Main Campus (UPenn)
Please click the link (right), enter your PennKey and password, and follow the prompts.
JMEC, PCAM, SCTR, 3600 CCB (HUP)
For HUP occupants, please contact the HUP Physical Plant Help Desk.
Maintenance Emergencies: UPenn | 215-898-7208 ♦ HUP | 215-615-5656
These are specific requests outside of normal maintenance activities. Examples include ...
- New electrical receptacles or utilities
- Connecting new lab equipment
Customer work requests require a 26-digit account number. Please download and complete a departmental work request and forward the signed, authorized form to your building administrator, who will submit it for you. A departmental work request must be submitted no less than three (3) weeks prior to the desired completion date.
- Regularly: Normal housekeeping services performed regularly include emptying trash and recycling cans, sweeping and mopping floors, carpet vacuuming, and cleaning and stocking restrooms.
- Annually: Services such as high dusting, refinishing hard-surface floors, and interior/exterior window cleaning are performed annually.
If these normal housekeeping services are not being provided, please contact your building administrator. If you need special housekeeping services, such as detailed cleaning of a lab, please use the departmental work request form.