The MD-PhD Program offers travel funds for students to help offset the cost of conferences and off-site courses. Note that BGS MD-PhD students are ONLY eligible to apply for travel funds via the MD-PhD program and are NOT also eligible to apply separately for funds through BGS.
- $1,000 max per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30) for scientific conferences
- In general, only for those who will be presenting (papers or posters)
- $1,500 max per the MD-PhD Program lifetime to attend an off-site course (Note: There is a separate form for Course Fund Requests, see below)
- $1000 max per the MD-PhD Program lifetime to attend a career-development conference.
- Only 1 travel award per year
- Eligibility based on dates of trip, not date of request
- Conference requests due 21 business days before conference start date
- Requests submitted after conference start date will not be accepted
- Off-site course requests due 30 business days before date of departure
- Granted at the discretion of the MD-PhD Director
- Completed form (available below) which includes
- Budget (fees and funding)
- Presentation abstract
- Advisor recommendation and approval
- If traveling abroad, registration with Penn Global Activities Registry
- Proof of registration
Please contact BGSFundsReq@pennmedicine.upenn.edu to submit all required documents or to answer any questions.