Mark Elliott, Ph.D.
Associate Director (Collaboration and Service)
Senior Research Investigator, Department of Radiology
BSE, 1984 University of Pennsylvania (Electrical Engineering)
PhD, 2000 University of Pennsylvania (Biophysics)
Dr. Elliott is a biophysicist with expertise in MRI acquisition and analysis, particularly in the field of functional neuroimaging. At present, Dr. Elliott provides imaging physics support for a variety of functional neuroscience projects, including fMRI,DTI, spectroscopy, perfusion and structural modalities. A particular focus of Dr. Elliott’s research is on the quality assessment and maintenance of multi-modal imaging studies, including multi-site and multi-platform applications.In addition, Dr. Elliott has expertise in high-field MRI applications at 7 tesla, with an emphasis on technique and analysis development, including the design of new MR probes and pulse sequences.
- 2008 - present, Senior Research Investigator, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania
- 2001 - 2008 Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania
- 2000 - 2001: Research Associate, Dept. of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania
- 1996 - 2000: Technical Director, MMRRCC, University of Pennsylvania
- 1992 - 1995: Director of Computing, MMRRCC, University of Pennsylvania
- 1990 - 1991: Staff Research Assistant, Dept. of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco
- 1988 - 1989: Instructor, Woods Hole Education Authority, Woods Hole, MA
- 1986 - 1988: System Manager, Dept. of Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania
- 1984 - 1985: Engineer, General Electric Co. Space Systems Division, Valley Forge, PA