Current University and PSOM Guidelines
Please review the following update from the PSOM Mission Continuity Team on current University and PSOM guidelines. Thank you for your continued support of and adherence to our safety measures.
- Vaccination status in Workday: all current faculty, staff, students, and post-doctoral trainees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than August 1, 2021. COVID-19 vaccination status will be recorded securely and confidentially via Workday; detailed instructions are appended below. Students will follow their customary process for uploading immunization records through the Student Health Service portal.
- PennOpen Pass: in most cases, use of PennOpen Pass (POP) will be required only for employees who have not reported their vaccine status. POP will support testing compliance and daily symptom checking for those individuals, but it will no longer be used to enter campus buildings, except for our patient/clinical settings, such as Smilow. Penn Medicine faculty, postdoctoral trainees, staff, and students entering Penn Medicine health care settings are required to complete daily symptom checks using POP and show a Green Pass upon entering.
- Masking: If you are fully vaccinated, in most situations on the University campus you do not have to wear a mask indoors or outdoors. However, as highlighted in these new fliers, “we support mask-wearing: whether you’re unvaccinated, protecting someone you love, or simply because you feel more comfortable.”
When are you required to continue wearing a mask? If you are:
- Not fully vaccinated, the University is requiring you to wear a mask inside University buildings until further notice.
- Inside healthcare settings, regardless of vaccination status, including all Penn Medicine clinical facilities (including Smilow Lobby and elevators).
- Using public transportation, including Penn Transit.
If vaccine information is not recorded in Workday, mask wearing and weekly Penn Cares testing are required.
- Parking and transportation: Penn Transportation and Parking has updated its website with important reminders and commuter options. Please familiarize yourself with the resources available.
- Food and drinks: per University guidelines and consistent with guidance from the City of Philadelphia Department of Public Health, individually packaged food and drink are allowed at gatherings, including indoor meetings and events. Additional recommendations for those planning events and gatherings, such as arranging for pre-packaged meals rather than buffets (buffet style catering is not allowed at this time), is outlined here.
- On-campus Fall symposia: at the moment, we are allowing decisions on fall/winter symposia to be made at the local level, as the University is allowing visitors to come to campus. We ask that all visitors attest to symptom checks (similar to what we are currently doing via PennOpen Pass) and if they are vaccinated, we will not require masking indoors (except in clinical settings). We ask for the hosting programs/departments to help communicate and oversee these safety measures.
- Visitor policy: per University guidance, visitors are welcome to campus, and should enter at a staffed location to provide health attestation and obtain a visitor pass. Unvaccinated visitors are required to wear a mask. POP is not required in most campus buildings, but still required to enter our patient/clinical settings. Programs may arrange for those who are regularly on campus – such as visiting students, visiting scholars, and other non-Penn individuals – to get PennKey credentials. In those cases, these individuals may enroll in POP to check for daily symptoms and exposure.
Vaccination status in Workday:
Log in to Workday@Penn
- Go to https://www.myworkday.com/upenn/login.htmld
- Provide your PennKey username and password. Workday requires secure, two-factor authentication, so please have your mobile device or other method readily available if required.
Go to Your Profile
- Navigate to your profile by clicking the blue cloud icon in the upper right corner of the Workday home screen and click on your name.
- Click on the “Personal” menu on the left-hand column.
- Choose the “Individual Vaccination” tag along the top of that screen.
- If you are an academic affiliate, enter “Affiliate Vaccinations” in the search bar. Your process is then the same.
Add Vaccination Information
- Click the button marked “Add Vaccination.”
- Fill in these fields: Date, Type, Manufacturer, and Dose. Dose will appear after you choose the manufacturer. Lot Number, Site/Location, and Proof of Vaccination are optional fields. If you choose to upload an image of your vaccination card, we recommend you add it only once after you complete the doses (some manufacturers require two doses separated by three to four weeks).
- Check the box indicating your agreement.
- Click Ok.
If you make a mistake, delete your entry, and start over by clicking “Delete” at the far right of the entry line. If your vaccine required a second dose, you must repeat these steps to upload the information for each dose separately.