Teaching Awards of Excellence
This award was established in 1981 as a memorial to Leonard Berwick by his family and the Department of Pathology. It recognizes “a member of the medical faculty who in his or her teaching effectively fuses basic science and clinical medicine.” It is intended that this award recognize persons who are outstanding teachers, particularly among younger faculty.
This award was established by the Department of Anesthesia in 1984. As a pioneer in the specialty of anesthesia and chair of the department from 1943 to 1972, Dr. Dripps was instrumental in the training of more than 300 residents and fellows, many of whom went on to chair other departments. This award is to recognize excellence as an educator of residents and fellows in clinical care, research, teaching, or administration.
This award was established in 2009 by the Glick family in remembrance of Jane Glick and her dedication to the Biomedical Graduate Studies (BGS) programs.
This award was established in 1961 with the help of the Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation to recognize excellence in teaching. Awards are granted each year for distinguished teaching in health and non-health areas.
This award was established in 1988 as a teaching award similar to the Lindback Award, but given only to full-time members of the associated faculty or academic support staff. Awards are granted each year for distinguished teaching in health and non-health areas.