HIFs and Mitochondria in Development, Disease, and Regeneration
- We are studying the interplay between the mitochondria and HIF1- dependent reprogramming of metabolism in skeletal development.
- We are also studying how the loss of HIF2 in mesenchymal progenitors increases bone mass and its translational implications.
- Our laboratory is investigating whether transient activation of the HIFs contributes to healing articular cartilage defects through the inhibition of hypertrophy.
- In addition, we are looking at the role of the HIFs in the onset of fibroblastic tumors of the soft tissue.
- Finally, we are studying the interplay between mitochondria and HIF1-dependent reprogramming of metabolism in congenital scoliosis.