Would you like to receive email notifications for specific funding opportunities? You may be interested in:
- NIH Guide: Search Funding Opportunities and Notices, where you can subscribe to email updates regarding search criteria
- SPIN (Sponsored Programs Information Network), a comprehensive service that provides authorized investigators with the most current information on available funding opportunities (both national and international) for projects
- Trialect, an online platform where physicians, scientists, and other health professionals access career development opportunities, free of cost
- Other Sponsor Websites (Federal and Non-Federal)
Penn Medicine Launches Nation’s First Neuroaesthetics Research Center
Pioneering program will study how and why aesthetics affect decision making.
Penn Medicine has launched the Penn Center for Neuroaesthetics, which aims to uncover the biological basis of aesthetics. The center, led by Anjan Chatterjee, MD, chair of the department of Neurology at Pennsylvania Hospital and the Elliott Professor of Neurology in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, will advance the understanding of human nature and preferences with consumer choices, the principles of design, and the appreciation and production of art. The center assembles an interdisciplinary, university-wide team of experts in neuroscience, psychology, business, architecture, and the arts.
The American Academy of Neurology has announced the winners of the 2018 Medical Student Diversity Scholarships. These students will receive funding for travel to the AAN and for activities during the meetings. We at Penn should be very proud to note that three of the ten students are from our institution(s). Congratulations to the students and to the faculty who encourage these promising students at an early stage in their careers.
Congratulations to the following 2018 Medical Student Diversity Scholarship recipients:
- Nadir Bilici, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School
- Lauren B. Davis, MS.Ed, Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia
- Maria E. Diaz Ortiz, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School
Congratulations to Shawniqua Williams for being chosen for the 2018 cohort of the AAN Diversity Leadership Program
This outstanding program provides promising underrepresented neurology faculty members with an opportunity to hone their leadership skills and to network with the some of the top brass of the AAN. Penn Neurology has supported a participant in this competitive program for 3 out of the 4 years of its existence.
Congratulations to Kristin McCabe who has won the Victoria L. Rich - Transformational Leadership, Nursing Excellence Award.
The Victoria L. Rich Award for Transformational Leadership, recognizes an exceptional nurse leader that inspires, motivates and influences others to improve patient care and fosters a culture of organizational excellence.