The Histology Core regularly holds interactive Learning Lunches to update users on the latest tools and techniques for musculoskeletal histology. Boxed lunches are provided. Recent topics are listed below (click to access slides).
- Cryofilm in Orthopaedic Research
- Optimizing Immunohistochemistry for Challenging Tissues
- Introduction to Whole Mount Imaging
- Introduction to Histomorphometry
- RNA Scope for Mineralized Tissues
- Tips and Tricks for Top Quality Musculoskeletal Histology
- Advanced Histology for Spatial Omics
Users are encouraged to submit ideas for topics to the core directors.
- Fixation, decalcification and processing for paraffin histology
- Cryofilm technique for sectioning calcified tissue
- Chitosan adhesive film solution preparation (for cryofilm)
- Alcian blue and picrosirius red staining
- Safranin O and fast green staining