Penn Center for Musculoskeletal Disorders
Non-PCMD Core Usage Support
This new program will provide funds to utilize other Perelman School of Medicine (PSOM) cores (shown on the left on www.med.upenn.edu/cores) to help advance your musculoskeletal research. This new funding mechanism is for Penn Center for Musculoskeletal Disorders full members (Penn faculty). Many of you use our PCMD cores (histology, biomechanics, micro-CT) with our generous subsidies and we encourage you to continue to do so. This new program is not meant to provide funds to offset costs of an existing project, but rather to test the feasibility of a new idea or to gather data explicitly for a grant submission.
Below are the guidelines if you wish to take advantage of this opportunity.
- PCMD full members at the rank of Assistant Professor without significant extramural support as a Principal Investigator.
- Project must be directly musculoskeletal related
- Budget will be up to $2,000
- The use of PSOM Cores only as noted on the web page shown
Application should be one page maximum. Please provide:
- a project title
- the research question to be addressed
- the purpose of the funds (what feasibility it will test or what grant submission it is needed for)
- the experiment proposed and associated cost, and
- the PSOM core to be used.
• Please submit to email@example.com
Awards will be made on a rolling basis until allocated funds for this program are fully utilized.