- About the Center
- Treatment at the CTSA
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Telehealth Services
- Training Opportunities
- NEW WEBINAR TRAININGS!
- Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Adolescents with PTSD
- Consultant Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD - Webinar
- Intensive Workshop in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
- PE Trainer Workshop
- Ex/RP for Pediatric OCD
- PTSD Case Consultation with Dr. Edna Foa
- Professional Opportunities
- PE Certification Program
- Find a PE Consultant
- Find a PE Therapist
- Medical Records
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Consultant Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD - Webinar
November 2-6, 2020
(offered annually in the fall)
Co-sponsored by: Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association
Who may attend: Certified PE therapists (completed the 4-day Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy with a certified PE trainer, completed at least 2 full PE cases under the supervision of a certified PE supervisor, and additionally completed at least 5 full PE cases independently)
Dates: November 2-6, 2020
Times: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (8:30 am for check-in and continental breakfast)
Cost: $3,000.00 per person. This fee covers the cost of workshop and supporting materials
Workshop Location: This is a web-based online learning activity. You will be sent an invitation with instructions to join the meeting prior to the workshop
Workshop Description: Training will begin with a review of the theory and empirical work underlying PE. This will be followed by brief overview of PE therapy procedures and assessment methods. The remainder of the workshop will focus on the implementation of PE procedures and training in PE consultation methods. This will include 1) review of the essential elements of treatment rationales and PE sessions; 2) following the guidelines provided in the PE Consultant Manual to evaluate therapists’ adherence and competence in providing PE therapy; and 3) practicing rating PE sessions and providing feedback to therapists. Participants will be provided with a workshop binder that includes workshop slides, adherence rating scales, and the PE Consultant Manual.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss theoretical and empirical background of PE
- Review PE therapy procedures with illustrations from cases treated by CTSA experts
- Summarize supervision methods and formats
- Provide corrective feedback on the conduct of PE rationales, using cases treated by novices
- Provide corrective feedback on the conduct of in-vivo and imaginal exposure techniques
- Provide feedback on the effective management of over- and under-engagement in imaginal exposure
- Provide corrective feedback on post-exposure processing of guilt, shame, and anger
- Evaluate PE sessions using adherence and competence rating scales
Webinar workshop requirements:
- You must have utilities, internet service, phone service, and an appropriately private location at your home or office in order to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- The private location should be free of noise and distractions. (If you are the parent of young children, appropriate child care arrangements must be in place.)
- You must agree to attend each hour of the video conference and agree to use video of yourself during the video conference in order to track attendance.
- You must agree not to copy or distribute workshop materials provided to you in the course of the workshop.
- Since authentic patient videos are utilized during the training, you must agree to abide by all applicable rules of confidentiality and HIPAA compliance, including but not limited to no audio or video-recording of the workshop in any form.
You will be asked to affirm the previous conditions and your agreement to them prior to the commencement of the workshop.
Applications are due October 23, 2020 and must be completed in full. Applicants will be notified of acceptance within one week of receipt of their application. Please do not make travel or other arrangements until your application is accepted.
Continuing Education Credit:
THE PHILADELPHIA BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATION (PBTA) IS APPROVED BY THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION TO SPONSOR CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS. PBTA MAINTAINS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAM AND ITS CONTENT. THIS PRESENTATION PROVIDES 32.5 HOURS OF CE CREDITS FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS.
PBTA IS ALSO AN AUTHORIZED PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS FOR PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS, AND CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERS LICENSED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA - THIS PROGRAM PROVIDES 32.5 HOURS HOURS OF CE CREDITS.
In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
If all of these requirements are met, you will receive a continuing education certificate via email after the conclusion of the workshop.
Please find workshop information and the registration form here.
Applications are due October 23, 2020. Applicants will be notified of acceptance within one week of receipt of their application. Please do not make travel or other arrangements until your application is accepted.
Instructions for Submitting Application
Applications can be submitted via email (as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment): firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive a confirmation via email if your application is accepted. Please do not make travel or other arrangements until your registration is confirmed. Note that we can only reserve your space when you provide payment information or a check.
Click for more information about Prolonged Exposure Therapy
Back to Top