General resources for students and faculty:
- The NGG Canvas site for discussions, how-tos, forms, and other information (Pennkey login required).
- The NGG MediaSite for course lectures, seminars, dissertation talks, and other videos (Pennkey login required).
- The MINS event calendar.
- GLIA: the NGG's Graduate-Led Initiatives and Activities Group, which also sponsors Know Your Mind
- GAPSA: The Graduate and Professional Student Assembly.
- BGSA: The Biomedical Graduate Student Association.
Grant funding resources:
- Training grants at Penn in the biomedical sciences.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH), including the National Research Service Award (NRSA).
- The National Science Foundation (NSF), including the Graduate Research Fellowship Program(GRFP).
Neuroscience Institutes, Centers, and Programs at Penn:
- Mahoney Institute for Neurosciences (MINS), which supports numerous events and activities in close association with the NGG, including a weekly seminar series and an annual retreat.
- Penn Medicine Translational Neuroscience Center (PTNC)
- Computational Neuroscience Initiative (CNI)
- Center for Neuroscience and Society (CNS)
- Center for Cognitive Neuroscience (CCN)
- Clinical Neuroscience Training Program (CNST)
- Center for Sleep and Circadian Neurobiology (CSCN)
- Biological Basis of Behavior (BBB)
Confidential resources for information, counseling, and support:
The following University resources are available to members of the University community who seek information and counseling about University policies on sexual harassment, standards of behavior, informal and formal mechanisms for resolving complaints and resources for complainants and respondents. These resource offices are also available to assist members of the University community with making an informal or formal complaint.
The resources listed below are considered confidential, which means that the information shared with these resources generally will be held in confidence, consistent with the University’s obligation to address complaints of sexual harassment, unless the person sharing the information gives his or her consent to the disclosure of that information. The commitment to confidentiality does not preclude the sharing of information among responsible University administrators as needed, including to keep members of the University community safe.
- African-American Resource Center (for students, staff, or faculty)
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS; for students)
- Employee Assistance Program (for staff or faculty)
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Center (for students, staff, or faculty)
- Office of the Chaplain (for students, staff, faculty, or visitors)
- Office of the Ombuds (for students, staff, or faculty)
- Penn Violence Prevention (for students)
- Penn Women’s Center (PWC; for students, staff, or faculty)
- Special Services Department, Division of Public Safety (for students, staff, faculty, or visitors)
- Student Health Service (for students)
- Student Intervention Services (for students needing emergency, even non-medical assistance)
Other places to get help and information:
- Grad Center at Penn
- A list of Health and Wellness Resources at Penn
- Career Services at Penn
- Wingarten Learning Resources Center(WLRC)
- Life at Penn
- Penn's Graduate Student Life flyer
- Penn's Wellness Partners Directory of Referral Services