- About the Center
- Treatment at the CTSA
- Training Opportunities
- Recorded Trainings
- PE Consultant Workshop
- Intensive Workshop in Ex/RP
- Special Topics in PE: Building a Better In Vivo Hierarchy
- Ex/RP for Pediatric OCD
- Intensive Workshop in PE
- Cultural Considerations in Providing PE
- PE for Adolescents
- PE Group Consultations via Zoom
- Specific Phobias
- Suicide Risk Assessment in Anxiety
- Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder: A Two Part Series
- CTSA Center of Excellence Program
- PE Certification Program
- Ex/RP Certification Program
- Find a PE Therapist
- Find a PE Consultant
- Certified PE Trainers
- Find an Ex/RP Therapist
- Professional Opportunities
- Medical Records Requests
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Special Topics in PE: Building a Better In Vivo Hierarchy
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Time: 1:00pm to 5:00pm EST
Cost: $250.00 per person
Workshop Description: While seemingly simple, building a truly effective in vivo hierarchy to address PTSD-related avoidance can be challenging. In this half-day workshop, Dr. Sandy Capaldi will discuss strategies to design more effective in vivo exposures, which will include reviews of emotional processing theory, behaviorism, and inhibitory learning, as well as practical tips for creating in vivo exposure hierarchies that will help to drastically reduce PTSD-related avoidance and fear.
About the Presenter
Dr. Sandy Capaldi, joined the Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety in 2007, and is currently the Center's Associate Director & Director of Implementation. Dr. Capaldi completed her undergraduate degree in psychology at Temple University and received a master of arts degree in clinical psychology at MCP Hahnemann University. She went on to receive a master of science degree and to complete her doctoral studies in clinical psychology at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Capaldi is a licensed clinical psychologist who has a variety of clinical experiences with patient populations ranging from children to older adults. She specializes in Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) for PTSD, Exposure and Response Prevention (EX/RP) for OCD, and cognitive-behavioral treatment for trichotillomania, excoriation disorder, social anxiety, panic disorder, specific phobias, and generalized anxiety.
This presentation is intended for mental health professionals, researchers, and graduate students. The instructional level of this presentation is intermediate and formal training in PTSD assessment is not required of attendees.
THE PHILADELPHIA BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATION (PBTA) IS APPROVED BY THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION TO SPONSOR CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS. PBTA MAINTAINS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAM AND ITS CONTENT. THIS PRESENTATION PROVIDES SIX (6) HOURS OF CE CREDITS FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS.
PBTA IS ALSO AN AUTHORIZED PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS FOR PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS, AND CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERS LICENSED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA - THIS PROGRAM PROVIDES SIX (6) HOURS OF CE CREDITS.
In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
- attend each hour of the workshop (no late arrivals or early departures)
- complete a course evaluation
If both of these requirements are met, you will receive a continuing education certificate after the conclusion of the workshop.
Webinar workshop requirements:
- You must have utilities, internet service, phone service, and an appropriately private location at your home or office in order to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- The private location should be free of noise and distractions. (If you are the parent of young children, appropriate child care arrangements must be in place.)
- You must agree to attend each hour of the video conference and agree to use video of yourself during the video conference in order to track attendance.
- You must agree not to copy or distribute workshop materials provided to you in the course of the workshop.
- Since authentic patient audio/video is utilized during the training, you must agree to abide by all applicable rules of confidentiality and HIPAA compliance, including but not limited to no audio or video-recording of the workshop in any form.
You will be asked to affirm the previous conditions and your agreement to them prior to the commencement of the workshop.
Instructions for Submitting Application
There are 4 steps in the application process:
1. Complete the online application. All information must be completed in order for your application to be considered.
Applications are due one week before the start of the workshop.
2. Once submitted, you will receive an email to notify you that your application has been received.
3. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified of acceptance within one week of receipt of their application.
Please do not make scheduling, travel, or other arrangements until your application is accepted.
4. Payment will be processed as soon as your application is accepted.
If you need to withdraw your application for any reason, please email Dr. Sandy Capaldi. Note that workshop fees are non-refundable after the application due date (one week before the start of the workshop).
Back to Top