- About the Center
- Treatment at the CTSA
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Telehealth Services
- Training Opportunities
- NEW WEBINAR TRAININGS!
- Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Adolescents with PTSD
- Consultant Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD
- Intensive Workshop in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
- Ex/RP Therapy for Pediatric OCD
- Professional Opportunities
- PE Certification Program
- Find a PE Consultant
- Find a PE Therapist
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Ex/RP Therapy for Pediatric OCD
New Workshop Offering!
EX/RP Therapy for Pediatric OCD
(1 day addition to the Intensive Workshop in EX/RP Therapy for OCD Workshop)
March 13, 2020
A Training Course for Mental Health Professionals
The Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania will offer an intensive 1-day training workshop in the use of Exposure and Response Prevention (EX\RP) Therapy for Pediatric Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). This workshop is open to licensed mental health professionals and those working under a license. Because of its intensive format and small faculty-to-participant ratio, enrollment will be limited. Also, due to the advanced nature of this workshop, we prefer participants who have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy.
This intensive workshop will:
- Introduce participants to the theory underlying and the empirical support for EX\RP for children
- Provide instruction in the basic techniques of EX\RP to treat OCD in children and adolescents
- Provide guidelines for how and when to modify EX\RP techniques to tailor the therapy to the individual child (developmental challenges, co-morbid conditions etc.)
- Allow participants to practice the techniques of EX\RP under expert guidance
- Use excerpts from videotaped sessions conducted by experts to illustrate how to use EX\RP with children and adolescents
- Include case vignettes and discussion of when and how to implement EX\RP with children
- Provide a certificate of completion
- Allow eligible participants to sign up for CE credit
Co-sponsored by: Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association
Who may attend: This workshop is open to licensed mental health professionals and those working under a license. Because of the advanced nature of this workshop and the limited enrollment, participants should have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy and with patients with anxiety.
Date: Friday, March 13, 2020
Times: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (8:30 am for check-in and continental breakfast)
Cost: $400.00 per person. This fee covers the cost of workshop, treatment materials, slide handouts and supporting resources)
Workshop Location: 3535 Market Street, 6th floor, Room 640, Philadelphia, PA 1910
Continuing Education Credit: THE PHILADELPHIA BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATION (PBTA) IS APPROVED BY THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION TO SPONSOR CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS. PBTA MAINTAINS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAM AND ITS CONTENT. THIS PRESENTATION PROVIDES SIX (6) HOURS OF CE CREDITS FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS.
PBTA IS ALSO AN AUTHORIZED PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS FOR PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS, AND CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERS LICENSED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA - THIS PROGRAM PROVIDES SIX (6) HOURS OF CE CREDITS.
In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
If all of these requirements are met, you will receive a continuing education certificate at the end of the workshop.
- Please click here to view the agenda.
- To download an application form, please click below:
- Registration Form (Word)
Applications can be submitted to:
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
Attn: Thea Gallagher
University of Pennsylvania
3535 Market Street, Suite 600 North
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3309
Via fax to: (215) 746-3311, Attn: Thea Gallagher
Email (as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment): Thea Gallagher, Psy.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration deadline for this 2019 workshop will be determined once dates are secured. Completed application forms and payment must be received by the application deadline. Payments will be processed AFTER that date. No refunds will be available after payment is processed.
Back to Top