- About the Center
- Treatment at the CTSA
- Training Opportunities
- Recorded Trainings
- PE Consultant Workshop
- Special Topics in PE: Building a Better In Vivo Hierarchy
- Ex/RP for Pediatric OCD
- Intensive Workshop in Ex/RP
- Intensive Workshop in PE
- PE for Adolescents
- PE Group Consultations via Zoom
- Specific Phobias
- Suicide Risk Assessment in Anxiety
- Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder: A Two Part Series
- CTSA Center of Excellence Program
- PE Certification Program
- Ex/RP Certification Program
- Find a PE Therapist
- Find a PE Consultant
- Certified PE Trainers
- Find an Ex/RP Therapist
- Professional Opportunities
- Medical Records Requests
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Ex/RP for Pediatric OCD
New Workshop Offering!
March 24-25, 2022
Co-sponsored by: Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association
Who may attend: This workshop is open to licensed mental health professionals and those working under a license that have completed the 4-day Intensive Workshop in Exposure and Response Prevention for OCD.
Because of the advanced nature of this workshop and the limited enrollment, participants should have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy and with treating children with anxiety.
Date: March 24-25, 2022
Times: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Cost: $750.00 per person
Workshop Location: Zoom (you will be sent an invitation with instructions prior to the workshop)
Workshop Description: The Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania will offer an intensive 1-day training workshop in the use of Exposure and Response Prevention (EX\RP) Therapy for Pediatric Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). This workshop is open to licensed mental health professionals and those working under a license. Because of its intensive format and small faculty-to-participant ratio, enrollment will be limited. Also, due to the advanced nature of this workshop, we prefer participants who have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the diagnosis and psychopathology of OCD in youth and adolescents
- Discuss empirically supported, psychotherapeutic treatments for youth OCD and compare the efficacy of these treatment approaches
- Discuss the theory underlying and the empirical support for EX/RP in youth
- Implement psychoeducational treatment components of EX/RP for youth OCD
- Construct an in-vivo exposure hierarchy that includes a range of situations that effectively promote learning for youth and adolescent patients
- Implement in-vivo exposure
- Conduct imaginal exposure to feared consequences
- Discuss how and when to modify EX/RP techniques to tailor the therapy to the individual (e.g., developmental issues, co-morbid conditions)
- Discuss the basic techniques of EX/RP for treatment of youths and adolescents
- Assess youth OCD symptoms and design an appropriate treatment plan
Webinar workshop requirements:
- You must have utilities, internet service, phone service, and an appropriately private location at your home or office in order to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- The private location should be free of noise and distractions. (If you are the parent of young children, appropriate child care arrangements must be in place.)
- You must agree to attend each hour of the video conference and agree to use video of yourself during the video conference in order to track attendance.
- You must agree not to copy or distribute workshop materials provided to you in the course of the workshop.
- Since authentic patient videos are utilized during the training, you must agree to abide by all applicable rules of confidentiality and HIPAA compliance, including but not limited to no audio or video-recording of the workshop in any form.
You will be asked to affirm the previous conditions and your agreement to them prior to the commencement of the workshop.
Continuing Education Credit:
THE PHILADELPHIA BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATION (PBTA) IS APPROVED BY THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION TO SPONSOR CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS. PBTA MAINTAINS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAM AND ITS CONTENT. THIS PRESENTATION PROVIDES thirteen (13) HOURS OF CE CREDITS FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS.
PBTA IS ALSO AN AUTHORIZED PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS FOR PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS, AND CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERS LICENSED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA - THIS PROGRAM PROVIDES thirteen (13) HOURS OF CE CREDITS.
In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
If both of these requirements are met, you will receive a continuing education certificate after the conclusion of the workshop.
Instructions for Submitting Application
Our online application system should be available soon - check back for availability.
You will receive a confirmation via email if your application is accepted. Note that we can only reserve your space when you provide payment information.
- Workshop fees are non-refundable after the application due date. Please note that payments will not be processed until after the application due date.
- We can only accept credit card payments at this time (Discover, MasterCard, and Visa). Unfortunately, we do not accept American Express.
Back to Top