Academic Honor Code - PSOM
All students who matriculate in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania are required to sign and abide by the following honor code.
- I will conduct myself in accordance with the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all academic activities (including clinical work and research). This includes adherence to the pledges below:
- I will neither give nor receive aid in examinations or assignments unless expressly permitted by the instructor.
- I will report accurately all data regarding history and physical findings, laboratory results, and other information relevant to patient care.
- Any research I conduct will be done in an unbiased manner, with results reported truthfully and with credit given for ideas developed and work done by others.
- I will not engage in any form of plagiarism in any manuscript, presentation, or course paper as outline in the University of Pennsylvania’s Code of Academic Integrity. I understand that plagiarism includes: using the exact language of someone else without the use of quotation marks and without giving proper credit to the author; presenting the sequence of ideas or arranging the material of someone else, even though such is expressed in my own words, without giving appropriate acknowledgement; or submitting a document written by someone else but representing it as my own.
- I agree to comply with the University’s Code of Academic Integrity.
- I understand that I may be brought before the Student Standards Committee if I violate this honor code.