- About the Center
- Treatment at the CTSA
- Training Opportunities
- Recorded Trainings
- PE Consultant Workshop
- Intensive Workshop in Ex/RP
- Special Topics in PE: Building a Better In Vivo Hierarchy
- Ex/RP for Pediatric OCD
- Intensive Workshop in PE
- Cultural Considerations in Providing PE
- PE for Adolescents
- PE Group Consultations via Zoom
- Specific Phobias
- Suicide Risk Assessment in Anxiety
- Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder: A Two Part Series
- CTSA Center of Excellence Program
- PE Certification Program
- Ex/RP Certification Program
- Find a PE Therapist
- Find a PE Consultant
- Certified PE Trainers
- Find an Ex/RP Therapist
- Professional Opportunities
- Medical Records Requests
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Intensive Workshop in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
January 31-February 3, 2022
Co-sponsored by: Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association
Who may attend: Licensed mental health professionals or those working under a licensed mental health professional. Because of the advanced nature of this workshop and the limited enrollment, participants should have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy and treating patients with anxiety.
Dates: Monday, January 31, 2022 – Thursday, February 3, 2022
Times: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Cost: $1500.00 per person. This fee covers the cost of workshop and supporting materials, which will include all slide handouts and assessment materials to be emailed to you prior to the workshop
Workshop Location: Zoom (you will be sent an invitation with instructions prior to the workshop)
Workshop description: The Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania will offer an intensive 4-day training workshop in the use of Exposure and Response Prevention (EX\RP) Therapy for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). This workshop is open to licensed mental health professionals and those working under a license. Due to the advanced nature of this workshop, we prefer participants who have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy. Enrollment is limited.
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the diagnosis and psychopathology of OCD
- Discuss empirically supported, psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacologic treatments for OCD and compare the efficacy of these treatment approaches
- Discuss the theory underlying and the empirical support for EX/RP
- Implement psychoeducational treatment components of EX/RP for OCD
- Construct an in-vivo exposure hierarchy that includes a range of situations that effectively promote learning
- Implement in-vivo exposure
- Conduct imaginal exposure to feared consequences
- Discuss how and when to modify EX/RP techniques to tailor the therapy to the individual (e.g., developmental issues, co-morbid conditions)
- Discuss the basic techniques of EX/RP for treatment of adults
- Implement imaginal role-plays in a mock treatment session
- Assess OCD symptoms and design an appropriate treatment plan
Webinar workshop requirements:
- You must have utilities, internet service, phone service, and an appropriately private location at your home or office in order to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- The private location should be free of noise and distractions. (If you are the parent of young children, appropriate child care arrangements must be in place.)
- You must agree to attend each hour of the video conference and agree to use video of yourself during the video conference in order to track attendance.
- You must purchase the paperback version of the EX/RP Therapist Guide and Patient Workbook (available in many places but here are links to purchase on Amazon):
- You must agree not to copy or distribute workshop materials provided to you in the course of the workshop.
- Since authentic patient videos are utilized during the training, you must agree to abide by all applicable rules of confidentiality and HIPAA compliance, including but not limited to no audio or video-recording of the workshop in any form.
You will be asked to affirm the previous conditions and your agreement to them prior to the commencement of the workshop.
If you are interested in and eligible for Continuing Education credits, read below:
THE PHILADELPHIA BEHAVIOR THERAPY ASSOCIATION (PBTA) IS APPROVED BY THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION TO SPONSOR CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS. PBTA MAINTAINS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROGRAM AND ITS CONTENT. THIS PRESENTATION PROVIDES TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOURS OF CE CREDITS FOR PSYCHOLOGISTS.
PBTA IS ALSO AN AUTHORIZED PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS FOR PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS, AND CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKERS LICENSED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA - THIS PROGRAM PROVIDES TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOURS OF CE CREDITS.
In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
- attend each hour of the workshop (no late arrivals or early departures)
- complete a course evaluation
If both of these requirements are met, you will receive a continuing education certificate after the conclusion of the workshop.
Instructions for Submitting Application
There are 4 steps in the application process:
1. Complete the online application. All information must be completed in order for your application to be considered.
Applications are due one week before the start of the workshop.
2. Once submitted, you will receive an email to notify you that your application has been received.
3. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified of acceptance within one week of receipt of their application.
Please do not make scheduling, travel, or other arrangements until your application is accepted.
4. Payment will be processed as soon as your application is accepted.
If you need to withdraw your application for any reason, please email Dr. Hillary Ammon. Note that workshop fees are non-refundable after the application due date (one week before the start of the workshop).
Find more information on Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy (Ex/RP) for OCD.
Back to Top