- About the Center
- Treatment at the CTSA
- About the Disorders We Treat
- Telehealth Services
- Training Opportunities
- NEW WEBINAR TRAININGS!
- Intensive Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Adolescents with PTSD
- Consultant Workshop in Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD
- Intensive Workshop in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
- Ex/RP for Pediatric OCD
- Professional Opportunities
- PE Certification Program
- Find a PE Consultant
- Find a PE Therapist
- Medical Records
- PTSD Awareness Month - June 2020
- Other Resources
- Suicide Risk Assessment in Patients with Anxiety-Related Disorders
- Contact Us
- Support Our Work
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Join Us on Facebook
Intensive Workshop in Exposure & Response Prevention (Ex/RP) for OCD
A Training Course for Mental Health Professionals
The Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania will offer an intensive 4-day training workshop in the use of Exposure and Response Prevention (EX\RP) Therapy for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). This workshop is open to licensed mental health professionals and those working under a license. Because of its intensive format and small faculty-to-participant ratio, enrollment will be limited. Also, due to the advanced nature of this workshop, we prefer participants who have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy.
This intensive workshop will:
- Introduce participants to the theory underlying and the empirical support for EX\RP
- Provide instruction in the basic techniques of EX\RP to treat OCD in adults
- Provide guidelines for how and when to modify EX\RP techniques to tailor the therapy to the individual (co-morbid conditions etc.)
- Allow participants to practice the techniques of EX\RP under expert guidance
- Use excerpts from videotaped sessions conducted by experts to illustrate how to use EX\RP
- Include case vignettes and discussion of when and how to implement EX\RP
- Provide a certificate of completion
- Allow eligible participants to sign up for CE credit
Who may attend: Licensed mental health professionals or those working under license. Because of the advanced nature of this workshop and the limited enrollment, participants should have prior experience with cognitive-behavioral therapy and with patients with anxiety.
Dates: August 10-13, 2020
Location: BlueJeans video conferencing platform (you will be sent an invitation with instructions prior to the workshop)
Times: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily (8:30 am for check-in)
Cost: Fee for the workshop is $1,500 per person. Payment will be charge to provided credit card information on application. This fee covers the cost of workshop and supporting materials, which will include all slide handouts and assessment materials to be emailed to you prior to the workshop
Webinar workshop requirements:
- You must have utilities, internet service, phone service, and an appropriately private location at your home or office in order to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- The private location should be free of noise and distractions. (If you are the parent of young children, appropriate child care arrangements must be in place.)
- You must agree to attend each hour of the video conference and agree to use video of yourself during the video conference in order to track attendance.
- You must purchase the paperback version of the EX/RP Therapist Guide and Patient Workbook (available in many places but here are links to purchase on Amazon):
- You must agree not to copy or distribute workshop materials provided to you in the course of the workshop.
- Since authentic patient videos are utilized during the training, you must agree to abide by all applicable rules of confidentiality and HIPAA compliance, including but not limited to no audio or video-recording of the workshop in any form.
You will be asked to affirm the previous conditions and your agreement to them prior to the commencement of the workshop.
If you are interested in and eligible for Continuing Education credits, read below:
Continuing Education Credit
Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association (PBTA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to provide continuing education credits for psychologists and Pennsylvania social workers. Other licensed professionals should confirm with their respective licensing boards that CE activities in compliance with the American Psychological Association’s standards for continuing education credits are acceptable. PBTA maintains responsibility for the program.
This workshop is approved for 24 credit hours. In order to receive continuing education credits, participants must:
- attend each hour of the workshop (no late arrivals or early departures)
- complete a post-test and course evaluation
- pay $30 to PBTA via Paypal at https://www.paypal.me/PBTACE prior to the conclusion of the workshop. If you have any questions related to CEs, please contact the PBTA CE Chair, Chris Molar, at email@example.com.
If all of these requirements are met, PBTA can provide you with a continuing education certificate at the conclusion of the workshop. Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association (PBTA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to provide continuing education credits for psychologists. PBTA maintains responsibility for the program. This activity is approved for 24 credit hours.
- Thea Gallagher, Psy.D.
- Edna Foa, Ph.D.
- Lily Brown, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth Turk-Karan, Ph.D.
- Jeremy Tyler, Psy.D.
- Jessica Bodie, Ph.D.
- Keith Bredemeier, Ph.D.
- Wenting Mu, Ph.D.
- Please click here to view the agenda.
- To download an application form, please click below:
- 4 Day Workshop on ExRP for OCD: Registration Form (Word)
- *** There is a 5th day for specialized training in ExRP for pediatric OCD. Please click here to learn more and register. ***
Applications can be submitted to:
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
Attn: Dr. Thea Gallagher
University of Pennsylvania
3535 Market Street, Suite 600 North
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3309
Via fax to: (215) 746-3311, Attn: Dr. Thea Gallagher
Email (as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment): Thea Gallagher, Psy.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration deadline for this 2020 workshop will be determined once dates are secured. Completed application forms and payment must be received by the application deadline. Payments will be processed AFTER that date. No refunds will be available after payment is processed.
Find more information on Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy (Ex/RP) for OCD.
Back to Top