Core Seed Funds
MicroCT Imaging Core Seed Grant — Deadline fast approaching September 1, 2017
The Penn Center for Musculoskeletal Disorders (PCMD) MicroCT Imaging Core announces a new Seed Grant program for junior PCMD investigators. In line with
the Center's overall objectives, the program aims to enable junior members to develop a new project and/or generate pilot data in support of a future grant application.
Submissions should use the Core's MicroCT imaging resources and be related to musculoskeletal tissue injury and repair which is the broad focus of the Center.
Currently there are three MicroCT imaging instruments open to PCMD investigators:
McKay MicroCT Imaging Lab: Scanco MicroCT35 for high resolution ex vivo scan and Scanco vivaCT40 for in vivo scan of rats and mice.
CTRC Nutrition Core: Scanco XtremeCT II for peripheral skeleton of human subjects.
• New investigators at the rank of assistant professor without significant extramural grant support as a Principal Investigator.
• Only PCMD Full Members are eligible. If you are not currently a member, please visit the PCMD's Membership page by clicking here.
• Budgets will be up to $5,000 with a start date of 10/1/2017 and end date of 6/30/2018.
• Seed grant applications will be due on September 1 Friday 5 PM. We expect to fund 2-4 awards in this round.
• Application should fit within one page (except for references). Please provide with a brief description of the research question to be addressed, MicroCT imaging equipment to be used
(if known), specific aims, hypothesis, budget, and plans for future extramural funding applications. There are no restrictions for use of the funds except that they cannot be spent on equipment.
• Please send your application and NIH biosketch to Dr. X. Sherry Liu (email@example.com).
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Report Accessibility Issues and Get Help | Site Design: PMACS Web Team.