Meet Jody Foster, MD, MBA
Jody Foster, MD, MBA
Assistant Dean of Professionalism
I am honored to be the inaugural Assistant Dean for Professionalism. I have always been committed to understanding the full spectrum of behavior and how that influences our culture and our relationships. By obliterating the myriad barriers that separate us and finding the common ground that joins us, we can RISE to a new level of Professionalism at Penn Medicine. A respectful, diverse, psychologically safe environment; unerring ethics and integrity in our work; permission, if not insistence, that we take care of ourselves in order to care for others; and an accountable social code and personal etiquette that leads us—these factors must define and enrich our experience so we can be our best for ourselves, our colleagues and our patients.
Listen to Jody's Professionalism Podcast Minis
Times noted in minutes:seconds
- Episode 1: Meet Jody. (3:37) Find out how Jody's career has led her to her position as Assistant Dean of Professionalism at the Perelman School of Medicine.
- Episode 2: Giving Feedback. (3:59) Jody breaks it down for us, and explains why feedback is so important to our organizational culture.
- Episode 3: Feedback, Interventions, and Why They Work. (3:44) So what happens when Jody is asked to intervene?
- Episode 4: Common Bothersome Behaviors (1:06) What do you suppose are the most common reasons that people reach out to Jody for help?
- Episode 5: What About Learners? (2:02) The importance of professionalism and learner development.
- Episode 6: What's Next? (2:10) Process transparency and rewarding professional behavior!
Join the Conversation on the Just Ask Jody Blog
Read the blogs:
More Good Stuff
- Listen to Jody's interview on the Knowledge@Wharton Radio Show: How to Curb Workplace Incivility
- Read Penn Medicine's Newsletter on Ethics Everywhere
- Jody was quoted in the cover story in the November 2019 issue of Psychology Today. Read The Power of Boundaries here.
Meet the Leadership Team