PSYCHIATRIC CRISIS? National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255 Call or visit Pennsylvania Hospital CRC: 215-829-5433 or reach out to via EAP for free, 24/7 counseling and referral services.
If you manage a team and would like to find coping options for your group to experience together, please note the following options:
Group Support Options for Your Team
- Team-based Resources by Request: Includes Facilitated Sharing Groups and Pastoral Care Groups. Sign up through PennCOBALT In the Studio. Steps for requesting a facilitated group for your team:
- Click “request a session
- "Fill out the Form
- A group facilitator will reach out to you to confirm the date/time and topic
- Critical Incident Debriefings: Group support and resource-awareness sessions for those impacted by a critical incident. Usually one-time interventions, on-site or remote, provided via the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Sign up via your site EAP contact.
Group Support Options for a General Audience
Anyone from our Penn Medicine Community can join in for any of these group-based sessions. Join for one session, join for a series, ... Sign up via PennCOBALT In the Studio.
Building Coping Skills
- Sign up via PennCOBALT In the Studio
- Interactive and pre-recorded virtual participation skill-based sessions designed to promote coping and resilience. Led by faculty from the Center for Treatment and Study of Anxiety.
Michael Baime, MD, Director of Penn Program for Mindfulness, virtually guides through understanding and practicing mindfulness. Sign up via PennCOBALT In the Studio. Two Types of Sessions
- Mindfulness Introduction/Refresher. This 45 minute session will offer a review of the principles of mindfulness followed by a 20-minute guided mindfulness meditation practice. If you are new to mindfulness, or if it’s been awhile, this is the place to start.
- Mindfulness Practice. Take a deeper dive into the practice of mindfulness with a 30-minute guided mindfulness meditation practice. You probably spend most of your days taking care of others; it’s time to take care of yourself. No experience required.