Important Process Notes
Complete before RTR Submission
- Prospective Faculty and Academic Support Staff must apply to an approved position in Interfolio Faculty Search
- Prospective Penn Medicine Clinicians (PMCs) must apply to an approved position in Work Day.
- National or Limited Search Guidelines must be met before a candidate can be selected (applicable only to full-time faculty tracks)
- Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) review and approval is required (applicable only to Non-CHOP Recruits on the Tenure Track)
- CHOP Tenure Obligation Letter is required (applicable only to CHOP Recruits on the Tenure Track)
- CHOP Entity Review and Approval is required (applicable to all CHOP Recruits)
- CHOP requires CHOPPA review for all Tenure track positions and senior rank Clinician Educator and Research track appointments. See current guidelines for a full list of faculty that require CHOPPA review.
- For non-US Citizen recruits, Visa Application must be in process with Penn Global (International Student and Scholar Services, ISSS) at the time of RTR submission.
- Submit complete documentation in the Request to Recruit (RTR) Online Application (PennKey Required).
- Documents Required for Dean’s Office Review of Recruitment Documentation (printable checklist)
- An offer letter may not be sent to any candidate for Full Time Faculty, Academic Clinician, Academic Clinician – Part-time, Penn Medicine Clinician and Academic Support Staff recruitments until it is reviewed and approved by the Office of the Dean. The Dean’s signature (or designee) is required for an approved offer letter.
- PSOM Space Planning Floor Plans. Required for CPUP departments to include with RTR form.
- Four Year Mission-Based Financial Statement. (spreadsheet template) including P&L projections. Required for CPUP departments to include with RTR form.
- Physician Candidate (malpractice) Form. (form) Required for a physician candidate to complete during recruitment. Required for CPUP departments to include with RTR form.
- CHOPPA Request to Recruit Guidelines. CHOPPA review is necessary for many faculty candidates, including, but not limited to, Tenure track positions and senior rank Clinician Educator and Research track faculty. See guidelines for a full list of faculty that require CHOPPA review.
- Request to Recruit Form (CHOP). Children's Hospital of Philadelphia completes their institutional review using this form. Once CHOP approves, the department initiates an electronic request in the RTR system, attaches the approved CHOP RTR along with other standard school documentation and submits for PSOM review.
- CHOP Tenure Obligation Letter. Required for all CHOP-based Tenure track positions. Departments solicit this letter from CHOP leadership.
Executive Vice Dean and Chief Scientific Officer Review of Tenure Track Appointments
Prior to submitting an RTR departments must submit documentation for EVP/CSO review of the Tenure track appointment.
- CSO Terms of Recruitment Request. (form)
- Chair's Recommendation Letter [Request for Approval Part II] (template)
- Memo from Dr. Epstein Regarding CSO Review. Announcement from the office of the EVP/CSO regarding new guidelines for approval of tenure track faculty recruitment
- CHOP- Candidates that are being considered for a CHOP-based Tenure track position will require CHOPPA review in lieu of EVP/CSO Review. See CHOPPA Request to Recruit Guidelines.