Resources for Mentors
- Print-and-Go: Best Practices Tip Sheet for Mentors
- Download the MENTEE Prep Toolkit. Go right to the materials you can send to potential trainees/mentees to help them prepare for a meeting with you. The Mentee Prep Toolkit includes:
- Mentee Needs Self Assessment: Helps mentees determine the kind of mentoring they are really looking for.
- Independent Development Plans: Comprehensive self-evaluation tool by track for mentees to prepare to meet mentors and for mentors to provide guidance.
- Interviewing and Selecting Mentors: Guides mentees in determining how to recognize a good mentoring relationship match.
- Meeting Agenda and Structure Guide: Supports mentees as they prepare for and then facilitate a meeting with their
PSOM Career Tracks
Use these resources to educate yourself about your mentee's track. Share them with others who may not be up to date.
- Center for the Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research
- Entering Mentoring
- NIH National Research Mentoring Network
- Making the Right Moves
- Department COAP Chairs
- Department Vice Chairs of Faculty Affairs / Faculty Development
- Department Education Officers