The Workday@Penn team has an expansive website with policies, training, tip sheets, and other important resources. For supplemental information regarding Perelman School of Medicine business processes, updates, and resources refer to: Perelman School of Medicine HCM/Workday website.
- Security Role Definitions. (webpage) Security roles define/govern access and responsibilities in the system.
- The Department's Academic Partner is responsible for adding and updating faculty records in the Academic Unit of Workday. Prompt entry of this information into Workday is critical in maintaining accurate faculty records and data integrity for the Perelman School of Medicine.
Tips on Working with Appointments, Reappointments or Promotions
Upon notification of Provost approval for any Appointment, Reappointment or Promotion, a department's Academic Partner must add or update that faculty member's record.
- Workshop - Entering Appointments, Reappointments, and Promotions in Workday. (Webinar)
- Adding New Appointments in Workday Academic Unit. Guidance on the processes required after Provost approval of a new faculty appointment
- Workday AU Data Entry Chart: Appointment. (Chart) Indicates the required data entry for appointment.
- Workday AU Data Entry Chart: Reappointment. (Chart) Indicates the required data entry for reappointment.
- Workday AU Data Entry Chart: Promotion. (Chart) Indicates the required data entry for promotion.
Additional Process Tips
- Creating an Affiliate Record. For New, Part-time, Unsalaried faculty appointments (Clinical, Adjunct, Wistar, Visiting Tracks) who do not have a record in the Supervisory Org of Workday.
- Workday Process: Reduction in Duties (Partial Leave of Absence)
- Workday Process: Sabbaticals (Academic Leave of Absence)
General Workday questions should be directed to the Penn Employee Solution Center.
- Penn Employee Solution Center Website
- Email the Penn Employee Solution Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 215-898-7372